Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya`ll, another newb to the forum. The wife and i picked up three trailblazers form the early to mid 2000`s. We are new to the owners scene but I have riden since i was young but never owned one until now.

I have noticed noise out of the transmission. Have any of you experienced this on the trailblazers before. Could this be the actual internal drive chain inside the tranny or would it be the exterior drive chain that is slipping? the external chain did come off on the trails yesterday but did not break. Next if the exterior chain is bad or to loose, can a link be taken out of them to draw in the slack on the chain.

Will a 10 inch wide tire , bead to an 11 wide inch rim? Have 2 dunlop 23-10-10

We live in Lawrenceville Georgia. Can anyone help me out with a place that is relativley close to 316, besides the Cedars-HurricaneShoals Rd trail, to go riding. Tired of driving 35 mins to Lithonia to ride every week. I searced the area via google earth to try and find some spots but it seems all of those areas are not well hidden from sight.

My next investment is tires but until then any recommendations on how to break the bead on a tire. Kind of limited on tools but I do have acces to a couple pry bars. Will these work?

Thanks for the help.

Will

·
Registered
128 Posts
cant help on your tire issue, but to adjust your chain...

1. Loosen the two bolts on your rear axle swing arm.
2. On the center carrier bearing you have two tabs on each side,
take a pry bar and move the tabs up, this rotates the internal cam and moves your axle (sprocket) further back.
3. You need to be sitting on it when checking tension, if you make it tight with no one on it, it'll snap when riding.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I use a 2" x 6" board, set the rim on the ground, put the board as close to the bead, without touching the rim, and drive on the board with my pickup,the weight will break the bead away from the rim.
Leave the valve core out, of course
On the chain adjustment, if it has concentric drive ,the suspension has to be compressed(bottomed out), use a ratcheting pull strap wrapped around the center axle bearing carrier and rear frame ,and tighten until trailing arm is parallel with frame,then make chain adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts