Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 570EFI in pursuit camo. Is the EBS only available in this color for this model and is it an option or standard?

·
Registered
238 Posts
White has ebs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its standard on the camo models. I know the green models don't have it. It takes a little to get use to but its nice when you learn how to use it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dad had a 1988 trail blazer 250 bought new back in the day and that was the last one I'll ride without the EBS . I had to get camo 570 to get the EBS and am happy as a pig in slop. Its a lot better than the EBS system that was on my old 03 700. I was told by a couple dealers that they could install the EBS clutches on the noncamo bikes but for what they wanted to switch it over I was able to get a como one with the EBS standard cheaper. I got mine (no EPS ) OTD for $5950 + $60 for VA titling $6010 total

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is kind of an interesting thread, I have a sage green 570. Mine definitely has EBS, though. I love the EBS feature, I rode my buddies 800 the other day and I definitely prefer EBS as his does not have it. He doesn't care for it that much but that's because he's not used to it. Great for declines, especially great for saving your brakes. If it was an optional feature with the sage green, then I am definitely glad I got it without asking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought my wife a new 400ho and it has 3 hours on it. That's the only experience I have on 4wheelers so I'm not sure how good EBS is compared to non. How quickly does it decelerate? If I'm standing up and chop the throttle am I going over the handlebars?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I bought my wife a new 400ho and it has 3 hours on it. That's the only experience I have on 4wheelers so I'm not sure how good EBS is compared to non. How quickly does it decelerate? If I'm standing up and chop the throttle am I going over the handlebars?
EBS does decelerate fairly quickly but IMO its not going to throw you over the handlebars. Mine has never acted like that. EBS is great after you learn how to use it. On some steeper hills it will actually lock the rear wheels as you descend, and you have to learn how the feather the throttle to keep that from happening, but once you learn how to use it properly it's a great option

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Vandal. I'm seriously considering buying one of these and was a little concerned because here in Florida we have alot of sugar sand and not alot of steep hills.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My white 570 definitely has ebs. I can be going fast, let off the gas, and it slows down quickly,

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thanks Vandal. I'm seriously considering buying one of these and was a little concerned because here in Florida we have alot of sugar sand and not alot of steep hills.
Well Coehadjoe, even if you go over the bars, which I doubt will ever happen, at least you have a softer spot to land than most people. I would say if you're riding in sand and let off the throttle at wide open throttle the rears would slip enough to keep you from flying over the bars. Don't be scared of the EBS, like I said before it's just another learning curve in life...Enjoy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL I'm not worried about the fall. I'm more concerned about the chick in our group on the 250 Ozark jumping on it while I'm down and riding off into the sunset! :drive:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Michale c. If you look at the spec for polaris the ONLY ones that have true ebs are the camo and touring. And it does not engage til you hit 15 mph!!! The reason it slows down when going fast is because your coming right from a drivetrain.tranny unlike say a polaris xplorer on a chain that will keep you rolling forever. I guess the ebs fly wheels have a different spring and weights( I could be wrong about hat though. It's just what I read from someone else. A way to check if you have ebs is go down a steep hill and let go of the brakes.... You should only be going a SLOW roll down the hill without any brakes applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Michale c. If you look at the spec for polaris the ONLY ones that have true ebs are the camo and touring. And it does not engage til you hit 15 mph!!! The reason it slows down when going fast is because your coming right front a drivetrain.tranny unlike say a polaris xplorer on a chain that will keep you rolling forever. I guess the ebs fly wheels have a different spring and weights( I could be wrong about hat though. It's just what I read from someone else.

I think that just because his has a little engine braking, he thinks it's EBS. They all have a little bit of engine braking, just not as extreme as true EBS. Michael C, does yours say EBS on the belt cover, because just like Keweenaw has said, EBS only comes on Camo models and tourings, unless you have it added to your bike, and they don't do that at the factory....to the best of my knowledge

·
Registered
108 Posts
It just seems like new machines have drag with the new drivetrains now a days. I have the camo and my friend has the green. Big difference once you start riding one wth and without ebs. I prefer it. Some don't

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
It just seems like new machines have drag with the new drivetrains now a days. I have the camo and my friend has the green. Big difference once you start riding one wth and without ebs. I prefer it. Some don't

I know what you're talking about, but if someone never rode one with true EBS the drivetrain drag on the non EBS models might give someone the impression that they actually had it. They do slow down some with no braking. I also have the camo and will always have ebs in the future

·
Registered
108 Posts
EBS is an A+ for me
What I do hate and will always hate is the "visco lok" for can am(way different subject) but I was watching a video someone did on all the awd and whatever but the visco lock is weird. It take the wheels the spin like three times before the 4th wheel engages. Polaris awd just senses a fifth of a slip on the back wheels and all 4 start Rollin. Another A+ in my book

1 - 20 of 27 Posts