Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem with the new to me 2007 Ranger 700 efi. Both plugs were really black . So i put new plugs in [7 correct heat range] let idle for a minute to get warm then ride 100 yards at 1/2 throttle and pull both plugs. I have never seen plugs this black before without fouling. They are however dry black.
I have checked the air cleaner and tubes.
What next?
thanks

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Take it to a dealer, have them check the EFI - you may have a faulty sensor causing a rich mixture - incoming air temp sensor may not be reading correctly or perhaps someone installed a 'TUNER' and got the fuel map all screwed up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called 2 Polaris dealers today and they basically told me if it runs and doesn't throw a code don't worry about it . Not much you can do with efi. This doesn't seem right to me but we will see.
I will let you know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update. I took it out on the road and gave it 2 full throttle runs for 1/4 mile , stopped and did a plug check. The outside was still black but the porcelain turned brown and the center electrode white. I will take it for another blast later I hope it stays cleaned out. If it doesn't I will try a TPI adjustment ?
thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts