Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out last night riding, I noticed that when I came to a stop (idle), the speedo display would pulse bright-dim until I got the rpm's to around 2k. I run HID's which draw less power than regular bulbs and wasnt running any other electronics. Even with the lights off it did it. I looked through the service manual and found nothing about this issue, I want test the stator but all it says is "stator located on right side of crank" but cant find it or it's harness. It seems that its not passing the "break even test". Not sure if its the battery or the stator because at low rpm's the battery should kick in (like a capacitor). Anyone know and can explain where the harness is, and what's your opinion on this? It starts and runs just fine (once it's warmed up.....another issue, probably the TPS).
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are the battery connections tight and clean?

It's just a thang

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I found the issue, low idle..... I started and warmed it up a while ago and noticed the idle was around 900, I adjusted the cable and it was good to go..... now just gotta figure out how to adjust the TPS (without the damn special harness I cant find) so the idle and cold start issues go away.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think I found the issue, low idle..... I started and warmed it up a while ago and noticed the idle was around 900, I adjusted the cable and it was good to go..... now just gotta figure out how to adjust the TPS (without the damn special harness I cant find) so the idle and cold start issues go away.
I called that one!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey that's good to hear. A little maintenance goes a long way.

It's just a thang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts