Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm working on my electrical system and trying to figure out what this part is. To fill anyone in on the other problems, I just installed a new battery but when I turn the key to on, no lights turn on. The only time the lights come on is when I start the quad with the pull start. Also when I rev the engine the speedometer and odometer turn off. None of the indicator lights turn on either. If anyone can help with the cause of that I would appreciate it. One additional thing, even when the atv is on its not drawing any of the power from the battery its all from the stator.

Attachments

· Registered
255 Posts
That's an electrical solenoid. It's used to switch high amp current on and off by using a 12v input. An example can be found in some starter circuits where one cable from the battery POS is connected to one side and the cable from the other side goes to the starter. When the key is activated, a 12v low amp current is applied to one of the small terminals, which activates the solenoid and connects the 2 cables together allowing power to flow to the starter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.