Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum - have gleamed a lot of good information. I have search the forums and found similar problems, but my main question is ohm reading on the stator. My cluster stated flashing the battery and would go out after riding at a steady speed. My RPMs are not registering but the other items are working (hours/trip/odometer. I removed and drained the housing where the stator is located and got a 1/4 cup or more of water. I checked the yellow wires with a fluke meter and the ohms read .5 across all three legs. Repair manual indicates the reading should be 0.43. It does not indicate variances so would the stator be bad or good based on the differences in the reading .5 versus .43?

The dealer here indicated the stator was probably not bad, and the ECM is more than likely the problem. We did a diagnostic in the field and the voltage was 13+ at idle and increased to 14, but when we put it in gear it jumped to 18-19 volts which is why they thought it was the ECM. I want to verify the ohm reading since I have it apart and replacing it would be easier now with the plastics off.

Sorry for the long email but want to get the facts as I remember.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks, and that is what I replaced, but I am curious about the ohms .5 versus what the OEM repair manual states. Since I have all the covers off I wanted to make sure I did not have a bad stator also.

I have been hoping someone might know that if the reading are not .43 then the stator bad since the manual gave no variances. I do not like to spend money if I do not have too, but I will if it's bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts