Polaris ATV Forum banner

Electrical prob ??

891 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  4getful2 
#1 ·
Gotta 03 Sportsman 500 ho when the lights are on for a period of time it acts like a breaker trips and I loose all power but it will still run. If you leave it set for a few minutes it will be fine and I'll have all power back ???
What could be the problem

#3 ·
Gotta 03 Sportsman 500 ho when the lights are on for a period of time it acts like a breaker trips and I loose all power but it will still run. If you leave it set for a few minutes it will be fine and I'll have all power back ???
What could be the problem
You answered your own question. You've got a short or a bad breaker. The breakers are located in the famous Polaris "stay wet" pouches.

2 2200593 Kit, Circuit Breaker, 20 AMP 1 Usage
3 2201795 Kit, Circuit Breaker, 10 AMP

#4 ·
You'll have to remove the hood but feel the pouches, whenever it's doing that, it will be very warm. I believe the one on the passenger side, will be the one that is causing your problem. Those circuit breakers can be had at most any auto parts store, just get the correct amperage ,as stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.