Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good deal some Elkas that came off of a 2018 Can Am Defender xmr, anyway these would fit a 2019 sportsman 850?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I looked on site and couldn’t see a way to cross reference them. They seem very specific for applications. I’d contact them. A good deal might not be good if they become paperweights!

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
299 Posts
How long are they? That defender is a lot heavier machine but would be awesome if you could make them work. If they aren’t too long, may be able to get them re valved I’d they are too stiff

·
11,137 Posts
I'd try to call elka or one of their distributors and see if they can tell you anything OP. Given the difference in machines, I'd say at a minimum they'd have to be reworked.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I’m wondering if I understood OP’s post! This is what he wrote:
“anyway these would fit a 2019 sportsman 850?”
Have you confirmed fitment yet or was that a misprint?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, you understood it the first time, I’m trying to figure out if these could fit on the sportsman. I’ve tried reaching Elka but they’re short staffed from the pandemic. Is the main issue length?

·
11,137 Posts
It MAY be a length difference but it may also be attachment bolt size, valving, spring rate. I'd suggest you really need to speak with someone who knows... ie. Elka unless the seller would let you test fit and try them. I'd also want to know what parameters were used to order such as weight, riding style, etc.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Jack yours up, measure OE shock length. The spacing with bushings would have to be correct I’d think. Would only take 5 minutes to remove your rear shock to check. Guess I’d start there at this point.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It MAY be a length difference but it may also be attachment bolt size, valving, spring rate. I'd suggest you really need to speak with someone who knows... ie. Elka unless the seller would let you test fit and try them. I'd also want to know what parameters were used to order such as weight, riding style, etc.
That’s what I was thinking polman, they are very specific!

·
Registered
869 Posts
What kind of good deal did you get? will you be able to make money off them? Put that money towards 3s or 4s. Best case scenario would be they work but have to get revalved.$100 each. But I dont see the switch from CA to POPO happening,,,,but thats just a guess
Iv been debating selling the stage 3s and going to Stage 4s ,Big difference in priceo_O
Send this guy a email [email protected] He'll be able to tell ya and hes good at returning emails

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
If those bolt up it would be like riding a 2x4 down the trail!!!!

Reactions: Duse
1 - 13 of 13 Posts