Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the e- brake on my 2011 ranger diesel. First problem was getting the old parts out. There is a center bolt on the bracket that attaches to the rear end. I had to take the brake assembly completely apart to remove it. Is this a common problem. U. T. Videos show a different mounting bracket. My has a power assist dump bed. I had to remove the center bolt to install the E brake assembly. Another thing is the front brake pad wasnt even worn but the rear was completely shot. There is no adjustment for that pad. My thinking is the rear end or yoke is off some how. Any comments would help

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
11,038 Posts
Its actually a PARK brake rather than an emergency brake. Being a park brake, its only supposed to be used when the machine is sitting still so it should never show any wear and needs no pad adjustments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its actually a PARK brake rather than an emergency brake. Being a park brake, its only supposed to be used when the machine is sitting still so it should never show any wear and needs no pad adjustments.
From all I've read about this break they wear out quickly. They can be adjusted with washers. When I took the old pads off there were washer of different thicknesses. When I put the new pads on I removed most of them to get back pad enough room. The front pad
Does make contact with rotor is a problem I see. There is no adjustment for that one. Except to either move rear differential back some. I don't know if this is a proper fix.

·
11,038 Posts
No, I don't have any experience with that particular machine but if the pad(s) are rubbing, you may have to adjust the cable at both ends to get the right amount of cable free play and modify the caliper mount bracket (9) as well as shim the caliper to get it aligned where it needs to be in relation to the disc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks polman for the diagram. I've tried to move caliper toward the rear by removing washers. In your diagram its show the center bolt hole for the bracket. I noticed it's not being used. I know why now. . I was thinking of grinding the plns that the pads side on. I only need about a16th of in.or less. I don't like to modify parts unless there is no other choice. It not like there is a warranty to void. I guess It's time to buy a manual for spec's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts