Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend i bought a brand new 2013 5x10 enclosed trailer to haul my quad and during winter carry my ice fishing gear in there as well. I have been looking around for some ideas on how other people have set theirs up with accessories and such. I think i will put in some wheel chocks to keep the quad in place instead of tie downs but any ideas no matter how stupid would be appreciated. It has a ramp door in case anyone that helps anyone come up with something.

Thanks everyone and Happy Riding

·
Registered
251 Posts
u can make a rack on the walls to keep ratchet straps hung or make shelves to be able to strap extra gas cans too in the front of the trailer

·
Registered
72 Posts
that small a trailer you kinda have to think out of the box. with weight and height issues keep into mind light high. low heavy. i like having a bigger air pump and tire repair station at home base and even extra tires/belts ect. nothing worse than a flat tire messing with a trip. look up for places to store light items that you dont like to carry but might need like rain gear, tent, fishing pole. sleeping bag and a nice first aid kit just in case

·
Registered
282 Posts
I purchased a 5W10 enclosed 3500 lb torsion axle with 15 inch wheels about a year ago. I have to only haul one machine so I didn't go any longer. My trailer is only about 75 inches high so I am not breaking much wind. It has a round front so I squared it out in the front. I put a 12 inch wall at 114 inches from the rear. With the round front this gives me room for a gas can and a compressor that plugs into my Tacoma box accessory plug. I carry any extra things I need up there. I lined the inside with plywood and stearafoam insulation and installed a couple of interior lights. The insulation is tightenened up to the roof to keep it cooler and makes the roof more solid. I painted the interior white to make it brighter. I also lined the bottom of the walls all around with coloured steel 12 inches up from the floor. I screwed the steel on with round headed torgue screws and siliconed around the floor and the wall at the top of the steel. This way I can wash it out with water and not get water down between the walls and the floor. My machine is 83 inches long so I put Bull Rings in the appropreate places to tie the machine down. I used steel beneath the floor to anchor to. I also put 4 other rings at the back and front right at the walls so that I could tie down plywood or other materials. When loadeing the machine I just crowd it to one side and the steel protects the walls from the tires. This gives me room to walk up the other side to tie down. I made up the right size of straps to fit the machine so it is quite easy to tie down. With machine and trailer and extras It weighs out at about 2000 lbs. Pulls like a dream with little wind resistance. My Tacoma V6 6spd standard easily averages 23 mpg hauling this at about 65 mph. I never know it is behind me. Hope it works as good for you as it does for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts