Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
yep exactly the same and the new 1000 is the same motor they just bored and stroked it

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok why would the service manual show different procedures from sportsman xp to scrambler xp 850?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
procedures for what

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For changing tps, polaris manual for sportsmanxp instructions are way different than the scrambler xp for installing new tps sensor.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I do know that there are at least 3 different TPS for the 850's. I know because when mine was changed got the wrong one twice. Parts numbers were right but maybe changed for different years or for scrambler.

·
Registered
110 Posts
so why does the scrambler have more HP than the sportsman? all in the tune?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I believe they both have 77 do they not?

·
Registered
152 Posts
InRBigness, is that correct about the tps? Maybe that is the issue I am having. I think someone swapped tps' on my 850 before I got it. I got a replacement tps and the teeth where pointed in a different direction that the original. Couldn't use it because the spring had sprung on it. Dealer I bought it from sent me another one and the teeth on it are the same as my original. Neither this new one nor my original I can get to the .67 per the service manual. It only adjusts from .34 - .45 or there abouts. This would explain a lot if it were the case. The original 1 had teeth that were almost up and down and the 1 that had been sprung was offset to 1 side. This is why in the other post I was thinking that the arm on my throttle body had been moved.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That is what I was told by my dealer.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
exact same HP on the Dyno

1 - 12 of 12 Posts