Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does an engine brake setup help that much over hand brakes and low range . I have an 2013 400 ho

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Does an engine brake setup help that much over hand brakes and low range . I have an 2013 400 ho

:)

i rode my friends 04.5 500 ho and i am flat out impressed with the stopping power of EBS. We rode some wicked hills in Northern Ontario.

It makes low range all that more impressive.
That will be my next mod.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You don't need no stinking brakes when you have engine braking! Love it, never hardly touch the brakes....ebs and ADC are amazing!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Depends on the type of riding you do. if you go out on the flat, you'll never need it, if you ride up and down hilly trails-it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
You don't need no stinking brakes when you have engine braking! Love it, never hardly touch the brakes....ebs and ADC are amazing!
No kidding.. I almost feel like I could get off and gently steer it downhill in low with ADC on.

Edit: I guess ADC would be the deal breaker for me on the 570. It doesn't appear to be an option.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
No kidding.. I almost feel like I could get off and gently steer it downhill in low with ADC on.

Edit: I guess ADC would be the deal breaker for me on the 570. It doesn't appear to be an option.
I'm with the rest of the comments on this one EBS is amazing and seldom do you need brakes if you have it

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I for one hate ebs. I hate not being able to coast at all. And i find it much to strong. It should be set to only come on at higher speeds. In low it will actually throw you over the handlebars if you are standing.

I also never use adc.

I kinda find all these options kinda kill the riding experience. (Eps , ebs, adc)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
teh ebs can be nice, but i dont like it when youre out with friends. i was out with a buddy who has an 850 as well, when he let up, id come right up on him, there is no brake lights or anything to tell you they are slowing down, and it will in a hurry.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I for one hate ebs. I hate not being able to coast at all. And i find it much to strong. It should be set to only come on at higher speeds. In low it will actually throw you over the handlebars if you are standing.

I also never use adc.

I kinda find all these options kinda kill the riding experience. (Eps , ebs, adc)
If yours will throw you over the handlebars in either low or high, somethings wrong with it. Mine is nowhere near that strong. Also, when in low the only time I stand is if I'm climbing up a steep hill, my question is why would you be standing in low and going fast enough for the EBS to throw you over the handlebars

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine came with EBS and the wife hated riding with me as every time I let off the gas it would throw you forward. I didn't care for it either as it can make you spill your beer.....:) They exploded and I replaced them with non EBS clutches from a 2 stroke and love it. No more forward surge. I went on a ride at Red Dirt here in La. there are quite a bit of hills and found if you get coasting too fast just burp the throttle and you will slow some. Can't be sure but seems like it gave it more grunt without the EBS.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Mine came with EBS and the wife hated riding with me as every time I let off the gas it would throw you forward. I didn't care for it either as it can make you spill your beer.....:) They exploded and I replaced them with non EBS clutches from a 2 stroke and love it. No more forward surge. I went on a ride at Red Dirt here in La. there are quite a bit of hills and found if you get coasting too fast just burp the throttle and you will slow some. Can't be sure but seems like it gave it more grunt without the EBS.
It actually does give it more torque with out EBS. The belt rides lower in the sheave, which acts like a lower gear ratio, With EBS, the belt rides higher in the sheave.

I am still sitting on the fence about ir, will cost $610 for me to get it. Could use that for tires.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can honestly say it is very nice.you dang near don't need brakes.I don't have anything negative to say about them. Love it.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

I also never use adc.

If yours will throw you over the handlebars in either low or high, somethings wrong with it. Mine is nowhere near that strong. Also, when in low the only time I stand is if I'm climbing up a steep hill, my question is why would you be standing in low and going fast enough for the EBS to throw you over the handlebars

Thats exactly the problem! I can be barely moving in low, and if i let off the throttle the machine will just stop abruptly.

·
Registered
460 Posts

I also never use adc.

Maybe scratching the ass while riding...I dunno!

·
Registered
164 Posts

I also never use adc.

Rotflmbo. But your prolly right..

·
Registered
164 Posts
EBS and ADC work together only below 15Mph down hill. so if your getting thrown ass over appetite. Something is wrong or you may need to visit the gym.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

I also never use adc.

Yeah, I guess if you are only holding the bars with one hand and standing up scratching ur azz with the other, I can see it being possible to go over the handlebars with a good EBS....LMAO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts