Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a new 570 EPS. The camo is the only one with EB. Is it worth the extra bucks? I'm currently a Griz 660 rider and I am used to EB on downhills. Is it true EB or artificial ADC on the popo. Seems I read somewhere that ADC is TOO aggressive

Thanks

·
Registered
815 Posts
IDK what my 570 touring has as far as engine braking, I think its the EBS, but it feels just like the yamaha ultramatic trans from previous yamaha stuff we had (rhino, kodiak450). works great for steep, slow downhill stuff. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
All the ADC does is engage the front diff so you have 4 wheel engine braking vs 2 wheel. It does not increase the amount of engine braking, just prevents sliding and skidding of the rear wheels.

The too aggressive engine braking you have heard of is probly that of the larger cc motors. They do have a LOT of engine braking. The 800 and 850 will have the strongest engine braking. They will pull you to a halt almost like you hit the brakes. I HATE it, some love it. Its up to you.

The 570 will probly have engine braking with a similar feel to your 660, maybe slightly less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback folks! I asked the salesman why it only comes on the camo, he couldn't answer my question...:hmmm:

No other manufacturer can touch the price point on these 570's. 5535.46 out the door for the non PS model.

550 Griz is almost 8000.00 around here!

Thanks again fellows,

Jim

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks for the feedback folks! I asked the salesman why it only comes on the camo, he couldn't answer my question...:hmmm:

No other manufacturer can touch the price point on these 570's. 5535.46 out the door for the non PS model.

Thanks again fellows,

Jim
No one can touch polaris on their prices, quality, and power in one package.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Jim
$5535 OTD for a new 570!?!?! That's cheaper than the left over 2013 500's here! Wtf?:shocked1:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the ADC does is engage the front diff so you have 4 wheel engine braking vs 2 wheel. It does not increase the amount of engine braking, just prevents sliding and skidding of the rear wheels.

The too aggressive engine braking you have heard of is probly that of the larger cc motors. They do have a LOT of engine braking. The 800 and 850 will have the strongest engine braking. They will pull you to a halt almost like you hit the brakes. I HATE it, some love it. Its up to you.

The 570 will probly have engine braking with a similar feel to your 660, maybe slightly less.
In your opinion, is it worth the extra 400 bucks?

·
Registered
771 Posts
the ebs and adc on the Polaris machines aren't the same thing as Yamaha engine braking.
I've never cared for Polaris ADC. its way to aggressive in my opinion on steep loose gravelly descents. if your not careful, you can get into a slide. now if your climbing slow down ledge rocks on more slow technical stuff it works fine. I think it depends on the type of riding you do. good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
the ebs and adc on the Polaris machines aren't the same thing as Yamaha engine braking.
I've never cared for Polaris ADC. its way to aggressive in my opinion on steep loose gravelly descents. if your not careful, you can get into a slide. now if your climbing slow down ledge rocks on more slow technical stuff it works fine. I think it depends on the type of riding you do. good luck with your purchase.
Huge advantage to Yamaha having the wet clutch. The belt is always tight, and can also be pull started.

·
Registered
418 Posts
EB is fine you will like it. Personally I would prefer it since I ride mountain area half the time.

Thanks again fellows,

Jim
Three years ago a salesman quoted me to almost 10k for a grizz 550 in canada, I almost shat on him... I walked out the door laughing at them.

Yamaha think to highly of themselves here in canada. :rofl:

·
Registered
771 Posts
WOW! that's high. I bought a 2014 grizz 700 eps for 8600 otd. a 2013 non eps 550 i'm sure could be picked up for mid 6000 range.....but the 570 is priced so well, I can't help but think Yamaha, can am and arctic cat have taken notice.

·
Registered
418 Posts
WOW! that's high. I bought a 2014 grizz 700 eps for 8600 otd. a 2013 non eps 550 i'm sure could be picked up for mid 6000 range.....but the 570 is priced so well, I can't help but think Yamaha, can am and arctic cat have taken notice.
I hope so becose polaris is stealing their bisness right now. My friend have a 550 eps xp and now that there is a 570 eps priced better, I think the xp is overpaying lol.

·
Registered
771 Posts
yep, I think the 570 will kill the 550. why buy a 550 when you can buy a 570 for less.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Huge advantage to Yamaha having the wet clutch. The belt is always tight, and can also be pull started.

Really? I didn't know that. I figured if your battery was dead, that was it until you got a jump start or new battery.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Yes, you can pull-start a grizzly, would not be able to pull a polaris though.

Really? I didn't know that. I figured if your battery was dead, that was it until you got a jump start or new battery.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
They did a price adjustment last fall, lowered, but still too high!!
EB is fine you will like it. Personally I would prefer it since I ride mountain area half the time.

Thanks again fellows,

Jim
Three years ago a salesman quoted me to almost 10k for a grizz 550 in canada, I almost shat on him... I walked out the door laughing at them.

Yamaha think to highly of themselves here in canada. :rofl:

·
Registered
214 Posts

Oh ok.... misunderstood. I thought you were saying you could pull start a Polaris, by push or pulling it, not by the rope. Sorry for the misunderstanding.:smashfreakB:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
[/QUOTE]

I remember being concerned about this when I got my 700 years ago. It's basically been a moot point as I've never had any starting issues and kept good DEKA batteries. One should ride with a buddy if it concerns them much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts