Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Got new tires, fixed the AWD, took care of the electrical problems, overode the radiator fan to run all the time until I can fine a new thermoswitch and thought I had everything fixed on this 95 magnum 425.

We took it out along with our other 2 ATVs for a trip in NW wisconsin(Burnett/Washburn county area) last weekend. It preformed better than expected the whole trip. Got it home and left the ATVs on the trailer for a couple days(it did rain but not sure if that would be the cause). Finally got around to putting everything away on Th. and it drove fine till i put it in reverse to make it into the garage. Then when I went back to High, it started to cut out/ back fire...

Soooo, my new problem(well kinda new) is that the machine idles fine in all positions(H/L/N/R) but wont rev at all in H/L/N yet in reverse it is fine. Now this relates to the reverse override button because this backfire/cut out thing would happen sometimes when i was using the that button in reverse.

I have not tested if it still limits the RPM in reverse but I believe the problem is the ETC or Override or both...

I also find it funny that there is a thread on something similar about a month ago... The reason I posted a new thread is the because I also want a permanent fix for this override thing and the other guy was able to rev it but it was more of a gradual thing (talking about 25mph down hill and slower up hill) and mine is a no rev situation...

If anybody has a fix or suggestion that would be great as I can only drive this thing in reverse right now!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Quadovator

quadovator.com sells a diode that you hard wire I and it eliminates the reverse override button. One of my favorite mods...

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
How much slack is in your throttle cable? should only be 1/8 inch at thumb throttle, adjustment out of etc box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts