Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 Sportsman 500 and my 2001 325 Magnum are in need of oil changes. I was wondering if anyone has tried the AMSOIL filters and what they thought of the filters. I have used FRAM in the past and have been satisfied. Basic question, is it worth the extra bucks for the AMSOIL filter?

Thanks in advance.....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Alot of the guys are using the Napa Gold or Wix filters (there the same filter)!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
was it good choice ?
You do realize this is a thread from early 2009, correct? So you may not get a reply from the original poster??

But to answer your question at this point.... any quality filter is a good choice!! Many run Napa Gold, Wix, Mobil1, or Purolator filters.

Depending on the machine you have....??? You can get a filter that is about 1" longer @ ~3.5" vs. the stock @ ~2.5" long. Which allows for more oil capacity (minimal) and more filtering media!!

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
was it good choice ?
You do realize this is a thread from early 2009, correct? So you may not get a reply from the original poster??

But to answer your question at this point.... any quality filter is a good choice!! Many run Napa Gold, Wix, Mobil1, or Purolator filters.

Depending on the machine you have....??? You can get a filter that is about 1" longer @ ~3.5" vs. the stock @ ~2.5" long. Which allows for more oil capacity (minimal) and more filtering media!!
yes, I do realize that 2009 ... I'm afraid if I go with longer it would be to long...
09 sportsman 850 xp. can get wix from local store , or they also have a MicroGuard ? Or can go with Napa .. I still have some time till next service... just looking around what other people went trough...
Thanks for advices ...

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Definitely don't want to go longer on the 850. Myself, I've always just used the Polaris filters. Other than being more expensive than some others, they do a fine job of filtering. (and they are the right size)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
No, as Bob said.... with a 85XP you won't want the longer filter, as it would gang out to far and could get damaged.

From what I've heard/read/gathered the Polaris is a re-branded Wix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts