Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 570 Camo Sportsman about a month ago. The first two days I went out on it, I would let off the throttle to slow down for a corner and the engine would turn off. I told the dealer about this and I was told I was hitting the kill switch. (I think I would know if I was hitting the kill switch I told myself) They said that they, "looked at it." and found nothing wrong. I took the machine out the next weekend and it died twice again. The second time was on a hill and the machine began rolling backwards and rolled down the hill approximately six times. Does anyone have any ideas of any issues with the engine turning off of these? They said that there were no error codes on the machine. I am getting very frustrated with them as I have only received one update about what is going on since I dropped it off a month ago.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Are you using any type of a key chain???

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
First: You really shouldn't have anything hanging on your ignition key, with all the twisting and turning of the handlebars, it doesn't take much of a keychain dangling there, to grab ahold of some plastic or something and shut the key off.
Second: back in the old carburator days, they had what was called an electric throttle control, it was a safety switch located inside the black plastic box on the right handlebar , whether they still use this on EFI i do not know. Anyway to adjust this switch there is a lil thumbwheel on the throttle cable. If yours has this switch , you'll need to remove the top, peek inside and you should see two lil wires with contacts and they should not be touching,adjust the cable via thunbwheel for an air gap of 1/16"-1/8".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of my control now

The shop I dropped it off at said that they can not duplicate the problem therefore it is my problem and I need to take it up with Polaris. Not very happy that a machine with near 100 miles is wrecked and now it's on me to prove the problem. Horrible customer support where I left it and if Polaris is like this towards me as well, I will be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i would try and take the machine to another local dealer. have nay friends that bought machines at another dealer ear by? see if they can work something out with Polaris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a buddy bought the same machine from someone about an hour away. My atv is still at the other shop. However, I just read another forum with the same issue so hopefully Polaris will roger up and take responsibility for it.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It goes up my ass a mile when dealers treat customers like that...was no problem taking your money..but dont come to us with problems...they cant duplicate it cause they try to in a short run in a lot..if they do....i would try another dealer....or call any ways an explain whats going on an see if they had same issue come in....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to see if another garage will look at it. I will be contacting Polaris right away in the morning, hopefully they will stand by the product and give some good customer service. I don't want a machine that has 100 miles on it and has been rolled down a hill because of an engine issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow !!! how bad is the damage ? Id be surprised if they fixed it cosmedically but who knows. im glad I was able to keep control of mine. sounds like a insurance claim in the making.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine stalled on me yesterday, came into a tight turn really hot, slammed on the brakes to scrub off speed and it stalled. Only time it has every done that.

I ride this thing like it is a sport quad and so far that was the only issue, it stalled once.

I did break the plastic tab that holds the trunk storage closed. I had my trailer hitch stored in there, and took the 570 out on an MX track yesterday. Got some nice air and on one of the landings, the 12lbs hitch and ball smacked into the lid and snapped off the latch, spilling said hitch onto the track. Woops!

Can't blame Polaris for that one though. haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
A buddy of mine bought two 570s on the same day. We unloaded them and were riding them around his yard and both bikes died a couple of times and always in turns. We finally figured out the keys were getting turned by the key chain hitting the gas tank. All it was was the ring and spare key and that was enough to do it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ i did this on my 850 the first time i took it out. needles to say, the Ign. key is the only thing on there now!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine doesn't have the keychain on it, I think that as I stopped really fast the transmission slowed the motor down past idle and it just stalled.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Who is the dealer? You should not hesitate to name names. If its ok to say Polaris, then its ok to say the dealer name too, as a service to the rest of us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have heard this problem when slowing down they tend to die but I have not had this issue but I believe a better spark plug will help you out and at worst case scenario make it run better. worth a try if the problem continues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts