Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 06 Polaris scrambler 500 4x4 that I’m in the process of a full rebuild. Come to find out it has an 02 500 2x4 engine. So my question is will this motor run right with the 06 ecm???

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I'm checking

The Scrambler 500 did not use an ECM - simply a controller module - it is matched to the stator, so regardless of what year model engine is installed, if the stator and flywheel are compatible with the engine case and crankshaft and the timing is set correctly, yes it will run fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm checking

The Scrambler 500 did not use an ECM - simply a controller module - it is matched to the stator, so regardless of what year model engine is installed, if the stator and flywheel are compatible with the engine case and crankshaft and the timing is set correctly, yes it will run fine.
Thank you!
1 more question can I put an 06 cylinder head assembly on the 02 engine? Looks like the 06 cam is 1/16” longer..

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Yes -if you ordered the 02 head (part number 3085071) you will get the newer 3085527 head that was used on the Scrambler engine all the way to 2012, but you might not be able to use the early cam in the later head

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes -if you ordered the 02 head (part number 3085071) you will get the newer 3085527 head that was used on the Scrambler engine all the way to 2012, but you might not be able to use the early cam in the later head
Awesome!! Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts