Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 sportsman 335 that no one can tell me what is wrong so i want to do an engine swap and go from a 335 to the 500 how hard would that be and what else do i need besides the engine

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
just to name a few items:
custom motor mounts
new primary clutch
new gearcase (probably new secondary too)
new fuel tank (might be able to make the old one work)
new carb (probably going to need a bigger fuel pump)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 2000 Scrambler 400 & 2002 Trailblazer 250 & the chassis looks identical as with everything but motor. Does the Sportsman have different chassis the the scrambler besides extra mount for 4x4? I thought Polaris used the same chassis for all except minor add ons to keep cost down.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
the sportsman XP has a different frame then the regular sportsman then the scrambler. they are all different frames. the trailblazer and scrambler will have similiar frame design, but not the sportsman and scrambler

·
Registered
238 Posts
For the price of swapping from 335 to a 500, you're better off to buy a used 500 sportsman and sell your 335 for parts.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
what he needs is a donor vehicle,one that has the frame bent . that way he could get a motor,radiator,wiring,etc.
It wouldn't matter what either-----400 2 stroke or 500 4 stroke
should be able to find a 400 2 stroke out there easy ,that would need a lil motor work,cheap enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts