Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01' Magnum 325. I have a 2" lift, 1.5" wheel spacers, 26" mudlites on itp wheels, dynojet jet kit, gorilla axels (i kept breaking stock ones), moose airfilter, and homemade snorkel kit. I love this machine, but it doesn't quite have the power I need, which leads me to my question. I want to swap out the stock engine for a 500-600cc with efi. Will the added power/torque be too much for the differentials and AWD components to handle? The stock engine will need to be rebuilt pretty soon so I'm trying to decide on my best course of action. I'd appreciate any input/advice.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
you may want to step back and look at the whole engine swap thing. with the 26's you probably are down on power an you've done about all to it that you can. a 500 would be great to put in it(which is really what you need,and they did put the 500 in yours) but you need a donor vehicle.(radiator and all) with the solid rear axle and slip yoke i was thinking 425 expedition but that shifts and is more of a lugger than a rapper. unless you are very very handy and want to get an old polaris 2 stroker snowmobile motor and put it in there. if it were me , i'd put the stock wheels back on and put it up for sale and start looking for a polaris 500ho. you'll like the rear independent suspension. but that's just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input 4getful2. I appreciate the advice. I can't put the stock rims and wheels on it, because I welded them up to make a small trailor to pull behind my ATV. I guess I'm just going to keep an eye out for a cheap salvage donor quad to steal parts off. I'd had considered selling it, but I decided to keep if for friends to use when I finally do break down and get a new polaris. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts