Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a stupid question but if you take care of your machine how long does a engine usually last without having to be touched besides the normal oil changes. my 05 800 has around 6000 miles on it and i had a 2002 sportsman 500 ho with 12000 miles on it and still yet ive never touched the engines besides changing oil and i DO abuse my machine.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you just keep ridin n let us know how far n how many miles .....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright were do you ride at my 2002 had 12000 on it and i flipped it broke the speedo on it, i had to buy a new one and with the new speedo on it reading about 50 miles someone stole it right out of my yard while i was sleeping so they think they got a brand new one lol little did they no it had over 12000 on it hahaha

·
Registered
441 Posts
sorry to hear that , i hate a theif .....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dawm !! I thought I got a new bike....lol, sorry to hear about your bike being stolen, I hope you catch them and drag there balls a mile or two with it..
rust

·
Registered
10 Posts
I traded my 97 in when I bought my 06 500 and it had 13,864, they still gave me 1800 for trade in to.. mechanic there said it still had almost perfect compression... unless you just total rod the crud out of it or run it almost dry on oil or antifreeze I would say it should be really hard to ruin one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2 '94 400L 4x4 quads, nothing ever except GOOD quality (Lucas Synthetic) 2-stroke oil. No idea of mileage, speedo cable prone to breakage on this bike, but ridden every weekend since new. Still excellent compression on both and run like demons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts