Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a set to offset the weight of my winch and to prevent the front sag. They also seem to bring the front end up a tad to give the bike a "leveled" look. I see they make a rear set too....if I do the fronts, should I also do the rears? or does it not matter? Riding trails/mud and riding hard on some trails, I have read they help the bike handle much better.

Who has them and what are your thoughts after running them? Not overly stiff are they?

With the springs, do I have to reuse the adjustment piece that is located on the stock spring/shock? Or do they not reuse that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Following because I'm very interested in these aswell.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have highlifter hd springs and they took all the sag out. I ride 2 up on the lowest setting with no sag. The ride is still decent, but is more stiff for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have highlifter hd springs and they took all the sag out. I ride 2 up on the lowest setting with no sag. The ride is still decent, but is more stiff for sure.
where in canada are you? What did they cost you and from where?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the Highlifter ones....as I heard they are EPI springs just painted yellow??? BUT I would have to paint those....can't have yellow under there lol

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I like the yellow. They look really sharp with the sage green .

And i'm from mb. The springs cost about $250 shipped from an ebay seller (who was a total asshole) , and he didn't include the adapter washers, even though his ad said they did. So i had to order those from hl directly.

If i would have known how cheap the polaris hd springs are, i would have bought them instead.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have the epi hd springs on front of my 850 to help with weight of plow and they work great. Springs are black in color.

Plowing snow is fun!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought some EPI`s and didn`t know anything about adapter washers. What are these?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
2011 and up Requires an "adapter washer" that sits on the adjustment color BEFORE you put the spring on. In pre 2011's the adjusmtnet color was a thick enough metal you didn't need the washer. But the later models are not. So the added tension will screw up and possibly break your adjusment sleeves. Plus the springs won't sit properly without them.

Heres a link to HL's site for the washers :

Polaris Spring Adapter Kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
How was the installation? Spring compressor needed?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just looked on epi site and front springs for xp says nothing about spacer for springs in there listing. $50.00 a piece for front springs from epi.

Plowing snow is fun!!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You definately need a compressor. I built one like the hl spring compressor. The normal "clamp" style compressors didnt work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does anyone know why EPI says their HD springs won't work for Touring and X2 models? I've compared my 850 Touring to a regular 550 XP and I can't see any difference in the springs on all 4 corners... Any idea why they would say that?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The rear springs are on the touring are way longer aren't they?

I would think the fronts would be the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the epi springs do I need a new adjustment collar? Reuse the stock one? Idk if I have the alum or stamped style collar on the front springs. Its a 2013

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
2011+ are aluminum. Not sure if epi's require the washer or not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone know if I need a spacer for the epi springs? Trying to order tonight. Worse case ill buy the highlifter

·
Registered
196 Posts
I didn't know anything about needing a washer for the install of the HL springs. I Just dropped the bike off to get them installed, I wonder if they will know about this, Might have to call them tomorrow, now ill have to order the washers and wait again .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts