Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Weird readings. Are you getting these readings with the EPS working?

Have a look at the attached for reference purposes.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
no. i tested them with the code on, eps off line and not working. im hoping its a bad connection somewhere. what are your thoughts? is the digital wrench trouble shooting something i can do?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Digital Wrench in Polaris' electronic service tool used by dealers.....typically huge $$$'s. That being said, you really need to verify the following when the key is on and the EPS is offline....

1. 2 position power connector on EPS unit...orange should show system voltage when referenced to brown wire (ground).

2. 3 position signal connector on EPS unit...orange should show system voltage when referenced to any ground or brown wire.

3. With 3 position signal connector disconnected, measure resistance across green and yellow wire (just like you did at the diagnostic connector). With key on, what do you see at this connector?

Honestly, there's really not much to this system. Assuming your pod display is working correctly, I don't think you have a major canbus issue other than a connection issue to the EPS unit. If everything checks out, you may have to resort to taking it to a dealer you trust. If I was any closer to you, I'd come over and give you a hand!

Mark

I just thought of something else. In the electrical diagram I previously posted, there is splice where the canbus network is interconnected to the ecm, pod and eps. I'm not sure where it is but see if you can verify that everything is ok there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
so a quick follow up. i found it. there is a relay that runs on top of the left hand side of the frame. the fith time i checked it the eps light went away. i pried it apart, cleaned it up and put it back. eps fixed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
so a quick follow up. i found it. there is a relay that runs on top of the left hand side of the frame. the fith time i checked it the eps light went away. i pried it apart, cleaned it up and put it back. eps fixed.
OK, fingers crossed! It's usually the simple stuff!

Mark

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Mark
thank you for your time and help. much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Mark
thank you for your time and help. much appreciated.
No problem, glad you found the issue. So is the relay you reference part of the fuse/relay block or is it all by itself somewhere in the harness? I just reread the service manual and it clearly states that the EPS relay IS NOT located in the main fuse/relay box. So....the relay you found in the harness, if that's where you found it, is in fact the EPS relay!
Mark

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
it is in the harness. i need a damn book! there is a eps relay in the box as well, i just assumed. this must be a common if not expected problem since they sell a rebuild kit for the plug with the new relay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Mark, I'm having issues with my EPS as well. I reviewed this thread and have been following your troubleshooting steps...I have power to the EPS via the 2 pin connector and also verified I have power on the Orange pin for the 3 pin com's connector... So I started with the resistance check between the yellow and green wire, I was seeing 120 ohms with the key off as per the attachment you added to this thread. So I started to cut out the harness and trace it back. I narrowed down the 120ohms to be coming from my display? Took that apart noticed some corrosion figured that was it but no joy still seeing 120 ohms with the key off right at the yellow and green pins on the board in my display...any thoughts?

Carson

41 - 50 of 50 Posts