Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

My quad has sat for quite a long time since last years riding, I recently sold it to a family member and the worst phone call in the world came today...

"Hey, we have a problem!"........

According to my cousin his father reports that the EPS is coming on and off and the display screen was not showing all pertinent information...

The only mods I have in that area would be a factory installed grip warmers, thumb warmer and HID lights....

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Battery full charged or bad battery?
Corroded connections or relay to EPS?
Corroded connections to display?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery doesn't seem to be the issue... I am not sure about the connections as it's with the new owner.. I have to get it to the dealership on Monday morning.. I just don't understand what the issue could be.. I am hoping it's something simple...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Have you applied dielectric grease to all electrical connections?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost 10 months sat, grease applied to all connections that I disconnected...

I will check the battery before it goes to the shop....

·
Registered
416 Posts
battery or connections.

Rule no1: never sell motorised vehicules to family members if you don't wanna hear whining for ages.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So an update,

I found out that when this issue happened the Speedo and Gear Selector went to two dashes and did not display what gear you were in... Along with the EPS light coming on....

According to the manual it seems the EPS runs off a sensor to the transmission... Any ideas where that might be and any other thoughts??

Thanks in advance...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts