Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Ive been riding Polaris big bore's since 2003 and currently own a 2018 Scrambler XP 1000. I love this thing but just last weekend the power steering quit working, no Warning lights. I did the usual fuse, relay check but nothin. Took it to my dealer knowing that a new EPS motor would be 2k if that were truly the problem. I bought an extended warranty through Riders Advantage but I immediately became anxious thinking they would deny the claim as the part is more than the warranty even costs. So far, they denied the first submission saying "no warning lights" means we can't verify it doesn't work. The dealership is going to re-submit with better documentation on how they tested out the part for failure. I am waiting for the final outcome but wanted to know if anyone had been denied coverage on an EPS issue and what were the reasons?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's disturbing that a 2018 eps motor would go on a almost brand new machine. I just bought a brand new 2018 myself.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Sounds like the dealership tested it and found the problem but since there wasn't a warning light the extended warranty doesn't want to cover it. Dealership is doing the right thing by re-submitting the claim and adding documentation of what they did to find the problem.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
remember these quads have a computer and they need to prove a fault code to insurance company.
hope its covered for you OP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So....update......Riders Advantage has denied the second submission but have agreed to send an inspector out to verify that it doesn't work. At this point the CEO of the dealership is involved and has promised that it will be covered come hell or high water. "So I got that going for me....which is nice" Anyway, I will update as soon as I hear something new

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
~!

Really good deal that the dealership is on your side! Indicates a quality place to me. They care about the customer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Warranties are only as good as your dealer. My dealer always goes the extra mile to get 100% of everything covered for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
******************UPDATE*********************
Dealer called this morning and told me the Adjuster was out to see my unit on Friday and this morning they approved the repairs WOOOOT, FKNA, I should be back in the saddle by this time next week and it only cost me $50 deductible while the bill was $2,490.00. Although Riders Advantage didn't want to pay at first they stepped up. Big thanks to Rocky Mountain Cycle in Colorado Springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts