Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes most of the time , 4 months old that twice it’s happened iwent back to the dealer he said was probably just a bad fuse . I guess I will leave it on when not riding thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue going on. 2018 570 EPS purchased 4/1/18. Just started blowing fuses 2 weeks ago. Took it back to the dealer to service. Just got a call that they replaced the fuse and multiple test rides w/no issues. I'm feeling like this thing is going to come back and haunt me a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any luck finding a fix to this? I have a 2018 570 SP that's keeps blowing the EPS fuse. Usually happens when turning sharp at slow speeds.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Try going up one size on the fuse (ie 20 to 25 amp) - sometimes as a system ages it draws more current than it was designed to - usually going up one size on the fuse will not endanger the wiring to the point of destruction. Most wiring is designed to carry more amperage than it is traditionally fused at. If you install a 10 ga wire traditionally rated at 30 amps, today's improved insulation will let that wire safely carry 40 amps. It's not the wire that's in danger of failing, it's the insulation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same situation

Any luck finding a fix to this? I have a 2018 570 SP that's keeps blowing the EPS fuse. Usually happens when turning sharp at slow speeds.
I had my EPS fuse blow on my 2018 570sp touring while making a tight U-turn on a trail. I cranked the steering to the left to make the U-turn and gave it some gas and I felt something in the steering change. The steering got really tough and the power steering light was on. Since it was under warranty I brought it to the dealer to let them check it out and to get it documented for further issues. They said it was a blown fuse. I have attached a pic of their repair order. It includes an update flash to the eps. I have taken it out a couple of times since then without issue but I try to take it easy on the tight turning since the steering was a real bear to deal with when it went out. It was way worse then if you had a quad without power steering. It felt like the steering was really fighting me. Luckily I was only a mile away from the truck when it happened.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine Too

I also had the fuse blow twice with a slow tight turn, both forward and in reverse. Mine is a 2018 570 as well. Also latebird, these are newer 2018 models. The EPS fuse is 30 amp already. I'm sure more will come out about this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not all fuses are created equal. There are are fast blow and slow blow. Fast blow are intended to protect sensitive electronics. Fast blow fuses would be a bad choice in this application. All motors draw a lot more current on startup than they do while running. So the fuse protecting said motor must be able to tolerate that higher current for a break period. Thus the invention of the slow blow fuse. These EPS motors are always starting from a stop. A circuit breaker might also be the way to go. Some of them are specifically built for protecting motors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts