Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone had trouble with eps unit? Dealer tells me $1700 for new module and mine works on/off. Polaris told them they never heard on sporadic problem, happens to me and happened at dealer.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Many EPS issues can be prevented/cured by applying dielectric grease to all connections. Proper battery maintenance is key as well......think battery tender

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I would replace the relay for the EPS. This is the number one issue with EPS. I bet when you pull it out it will have corrosion on it. Put some grease on the new one. Also make sure your battery is well charged.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is a change up relay and harness if you have the new one it will be sealed up fine. On mine it works intermidantly to and has code 520221. We should have a sticky with codes people have had and fixes. I tried a new relay in mine did not fix it. Tried reflash at dealer did not fix it. I will test wiring on the weekend. I hope I do not need a eps unit pretty expensive repair for a 2013.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Lol, electrical grease 9 times out of 10 will fix your problems. Put a $hit load of it in. When I plugged my connectors back up it spewed out, and was hard to reconnect them. It paid off, no more problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Electrical grease I the first thing I did when I bought my bike. And all eps connectors are like new. What is this eps sensor you are talking about.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Lol, electrical grease 9 times out of 10 will fix your problems. Put a $hit load of it in. When I plugged my connectors back up it spewed out, and was hard to reconnect them. It paid off, no more problems.
That part I don't understand. If the dielectric grease is on/in between the contact surfaces, doesn't it inhibit electrical flow ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
No it conducts. To much is not good either the connector will not close or you could create a leak by the rubber seals to leak water in. The new rubber seals are pretty good I just put some grease in for piece of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts