Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I bought a 2016 Polaris Sportsman 850xp last year and love it.....until recently.

The ATV rarely starts with out a jump, never checked the voltage but when I put my battery tender on I get the Blinking green light (80% charged and on my mowers it means the battery is going bad). About a month ago I lost my speedometer, figure it was the speed sensor and I wanted to wait until it was a little warmer until I fixed it. Last snow storm my atv died while plowing and it seemed like I drained the battery, but it started right up. That is the background

Today after plowing for about 20 minutes the EPS light and check engine light come on and there was a rough idle. I parked the atv, checked the fuses and started it back up....issue was gone. Plowed about another 20 minutes and it was back, tried shutting of the atv and letting it sit but no dice, lights were still on and a rough idle and if I gave it gas in neutral or park it would die, if I did that in gear it would run but rough.

Only mods I have done are ATV Guru's front and rear brush bars and a winch from one of the sponsors. I spice the power for the which switch into an orange power line that is hot when on in the cluster. (incase that was a no no I installed before the speedo issue). Other than that could it be a bad battery?

Thanks ahead of time for any insight!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Just pulled up 2 codes

1) P0503 - Data Erratic, Intermittent or Missing
2) C1069 - Received Vehicle Speed Has Error

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would think most of likely deadline battery or a bad ground. I would replace battery first if that doesn't fix it start lookin for a bad ground or 2 wires rubbed together. Where in NJ you ride I'm in NJ too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts