Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a unit with EPS - Is it work the extra $ for the EPS? Dealer wants $850 CDN more the the EPS unit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's nice to have and in a few years I'm thinking non-eps will be on the bottom of the list when selling them used.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you can afford it get it , you will be happy you did .

·
Registered
482 Posts
The question is... is it worth buying one without it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I "opted" to not get it since I wanted the touring model that doesn't come with EPS as an option and I wanted the two up seating. I thought I wouldn't notice not having it since I have never owned an ATV with it, but I have to say I do notice it. I'll be fine and it won't make me ride any less, but I will get it as an aftermarket upgrade as soon as I get 700 extra bucks.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Last two quads have been eps. I would never buy a non eps quad again except for a child (90cc etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
772 Posts
I kind of wish I had it. But it's just one more thing to go wrong

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I agree with this ^^

Next machine might have it... Or not, i dunno. I feel the xp steers easy enough without it that i would save the $1200.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I chose to go without EPS when I bought my 570. After numerous long days of trail riding, I still do perfectly fine without it. Now if I was riding all day, everyday, I could see it as being helpful. However, that is not the case in my situation. I can honestly say that I haven't once wished I had EPS while riding my 570, so I'm happy with my decision.

Kris

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eps isn't just about saving your arms after a long day of riding - it also helps eliminate a lot of bump steer. I also find that it helps me hold a line better going up a difficult section...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
1000% get it! I can hold onto my son and drive with one hand and on tough technical trails it is a breeze now where I would struggle before, and plus most will want it when buying a used one, so you should get some of your investment back on resale...

·
Registered
944 Posts
it also helps eliminate a lot of bump steer
That's by far the biggest advantage. It eliminates bump steering which saves major wear and tear/fatigue on the body/arms. You're much less tired/beat up after riding. With PS, people report being able to " ride for days " without being tired or sore.

No way would I buy a quad without it. Ease of simply turning the handle bars is sorta second on the advantage list of PS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Opted for no eps. Didn't want anything I didn't need. Maybe when I get a few more years of experience under my belt I will have a need for eps. I can't imagine needing it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
One hand programming the gps and steering with the other hand on rocky trails is priceless, and sometimes picking the nose

·
Registered
117 Posts
I didn't get it and riding on normal trails and roads going along with a lil speed I can't see were I'd need it. But going up the steep narrow rocky tight turn path behind my house to go set a **** trap I really wish I would have spent the extra $$ and gotten it. Its not nothing I can't live without but just knowing that it was an option I could have got makes me think about it. If I never knew you could of gotten an ATV with power steering I would never miss it. I may only be in spots that I wish I had it a couple times a year but it would of been nice.
That being said if you can afford it, get it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts