Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the obvious is there any harm in bypassing the ETC switch in the event one is defective or missing on older units? I know it's a safety feature but will bypassing harm anything or is it just there in case a cable breaks etc?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I understand how it works (pretty ingenious overall), this is on a little scrambler 50, 01 model. The ETC has been completely removed and the circuit closed. It runs fine like that, if i open the circuit obviously is runs like crap since it's then limited. I am just curious if leaving it closed will create harm or should i just go ahead and order a new switch.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If it were my machine, it would have the switch on it, but its up to you. If you are the only person to ride it and know what to do if the throttle sticks wide open, you could chance leaving it off, but if other people ride it, it by all means should get replaced.

Personally I wouldn't chance it.

·
Registered
1998 Polaris Magnum 425
16 Posts
All

I understand the importance of this device but for my use I need to bypass the switch - is this switch normally open or closed during normal operation??

Thanks

·
Registered
12,293 Posts
Normally open - closes if the throttle sticks - bypassing is simple - just un-plug it - when it closes it connects the ignition to ground killing the spark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts