Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a compilation of my 2013 Hatfield Trip to warm everyone up for the spring riding that's right around the corner.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for posting

NP. Been too cold for me to go riding so far this winter. Looking forward to some 40-50 degree days so I can get out there!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Not only a smooth bass man, but also a smooth video maker! Nicely done.

Little oops at 1:57 :lmao:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice video!
I have a question- are the trails mostly swampy in the Pinn/Ind Ridge/Poc system? It looked like a lot of the trails in your video were filled with water.
I am asking because we booked a cabin in the middle of these trails for this season.
In the past we did the Rockhouse which was not so much swampy as technical.
We are not so much into swamp running as into the technical trails.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
"Everyone ready for Spring yet?"

You don't even have to ask this question. I was ready by the end of October.
I ride all year long but prefer nice warm weather. I did get about 2 hours seat time yesterday just playing in the snow.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I can't wait to get back down State and ride there!

Sent from West 'By-God' Virginia!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice video!
I have a question- are the trails mostly swampy in the Pinn/Ind Ridge/Poc system? It looked like a lot of the trails in your video were filled with water.
I am asking because we booked a cabin in the middle of these trails for this season.

Just wondering.

Like anything at hatfield it depends.

We wanted to go thru the swampy part so we headed straight there on day 2 of our trip. Took 4 hours to get there. Section was called "soggy bottom" on our trail map. Lots of mud but to get there it was technical and dry and some black diamond trails that had to be taken to reach this spot. The video only highlighted the exciting parts which always end up being mud, climbs, water crossings ect. It also had rained for 2 days prior to us arriving in WV

The water crossing at the end of the video were on the 3rd day of our trip there's a creek that runs right thru this trial system and you have to cross it like 12 times on the way to the other end. It was super fun. It's a awesome trail you can't miss that part of Indian ridge.

Sport quads need to stay clear of that trail. Rinsed the quads off very nicely as we ended up having to ride the road back since we had someone break a wheel once we got to the other end and had to quickly get the trailer before it got dark.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Here's a compilation of my 2013 Hatfield Trip to warm everyone up for the spring riding that's right around the corner.

Hatfield McCoy Trails 2013 - YouTube
I went there twice in 2013, and am wondering which trail system you were riding when you came across that very large scenic view of the mountains. We rode Pochantas and indian ridge last April, pretty muddy trails, then did Pinnacle last November, dusty one day and wet the next. Great place to ride. Thanks for posting this video

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I went there twice in 2013, and am wondering which trail system you were riding when you came across that very large scenic view of the mountains. We rode Pochantas and indian ridge last April, pretty muddy trails, then did Pinnacle last November, dusty one day and wet the next. Great place to ride. Thanks for posting this video

Oh that was at the View. Southern end of Indian ridge. It's a few minutes from NorthFolk.

Don't let the camera angle fool you from the top It's a steep climb to get to the top of that bad boy on the front side. Back side is washed out and its even worse. It's an awesome spot if you make it up!!!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

Oh that was at the View. Southern end of Indian ridge. It's a few minutes from NorthFolk.

Don't let the camera angle fool you from the top It's a steep climb to get to the top of that bad boy on the front side. Back side is washed out and its even worse. It's an awesome spot if you make it up!!!
We stayed in Northfork, but never saw that view, but then again we were riding Pinnacle in November

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Nice video!

Just wondering.

We go to Hatfield 5-6 times per year (next trip is Feb 28).....Pinnacle has a lot of water on it, Indian Ridge has a good amount, and Pocahantas is varied...more open country through recently logged woods (although trail 85 I think it was feels like you are in the amazon jungle...4 miles of water and mud...fun!)

Rockhouse is far different...a lot more rocks, more technical riding, not nearly as much mud. The northern trails (Rockhouse, Buffalo Mountain, and Bear Wallow) are, generally speaking, a good bit more difficult than the southern trails. Bear Wallow and Buffalo Mountain are our riding group's favorite trails, but you owe it to yourself to ride them all. We have not been to Ivy Branch yet, although we ran into some guys that rode it last year and they said it was brutally hard...the black trails looked like boulder filled creek beds (jeeps rock crawl there)

OP -nice vid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
322 Posts
OOPs, I moved the photo locations. The original link works now and I have re-posted it here.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep that's the trail to the view!!! We stayed right of that haul road 2 at the Fair-haven Ranch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts