Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about getting a RJWC exhaust do I need to get a runner or will it run fine without one

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
815 Posts
I’m thinking about getting a RJWC exhaust do I need to get a runner or will it run fine without one
It will run without it. But no way on earth I’d ever run a efi machine piped or air box mods,without adding a little more fuel. Wether it be by piggyback controller just to bump the fuel up or by flash tune . These things are already lean due too keeping the epa happy. You always hear people say “ well I can smell gas so I know mine isn't lean” it’s a small engine that revs high with a very short exhaust and no cats. So no matter how it’s tuned your Gona smell fuel even if it’s lean. Besides without the tune you are really not going to gain anything other than noise from a pipe. If anything it can hurt performance.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
HMF are quality folks . They are a class act and stand behind their products .

they have a mud series with removable exhaust extension.

they recommend a HMF fuel optimizer with the exhaust . Or you can get a PV3 tuner from them for even more custom adjustments.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've got some fuel piggy back tuner, I honestly don't remember which brand, and that alone is a great endorsement, with all the water it has been in.....
I also run the exhaust extender, it runs much better at idle underwater, which I do a lot of, and 3 to 4 grand rpm's, when I'm cranking for a mile in the deep stuff. It almost never stalls no matter what I do to it, except when I go above the magic limit on the snorkels..... blub blub blub

·
Registered
2020 sportsman 850
815 Posts
Order the pipe from Denali performance. Call and talk to a guy named Jordan. He will hook you up on the price of the pipe and a fuel controller . Don’t necessarily need a flash tuner. Nice to have but the controller will work just fine . Small price to pay for a good piece of mind knowing it’s not being hurt by running lean . As gearheadesw1 said for most part they are water proof . Just for added precautions you could always put it in a ballon and zip tie it with a little grease in the end and then it’s waterproof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts