Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having a problem with excessive heat from the routing of the exhaust pipe and muffler? The passenger seat is on fire so hot can't sit on for very long. The 850 eps two up is brand new and was bought so wife and I could go trailing and sight seeing but ain't gona happen till I fix the pipe.
Help!

Kizmet

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Never have an issue on my 850 with heat. All the heat comes out the rear fender.

To stop it from getting so hot, try wrapping it with header wrap. It will probably collect alot of crap in it tho, and cause it to rust.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep gona do the wrap. Stuff some insulation in the gap of the seat helps a lot so until a recall or something it will have to do. Other wise luv it.

Kizmet

·
Registered
417 Posts
My 850 has a metal heat shield like on a car from the motor too the muffler.. Is yours missing?

·
Registered
294 Posts
My 850 has a metal heat shield like on a car from the motor too the muffler.. Is yours missing?
Same here. It has one on the exhaust pipe leading to the muffler, too. It's also got a heat blanket under the fender and over the exhaust. :gruebel:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I will say that the right side plastics by the leg get pretty damned hot after riding

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is your muffler full of carbon blocking the air flow?

I have an 850 touring and my wife never complained even once. She did complain about the Canam first ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts