Polaris ATV Forum banner

Exhaust Repair

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bp405 
#1 ·
I'm fairly new to ATV'ing. I have what appears to be an loud exhaust leak at the manifold/pipe connection at the engine and some minor backfiring when releasing the throttle. I consider myself fairly handy with tools. On a scale of 1 -10....1 being "forget it bring it to a dealer" and 10 being "piece of cake"...how difficulty is it to disengage the springs and replace the doughnut? Thanks in advance for not breaking my chops.

Jozane

#8 ·
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a 15 to 30 minute job and 10 being a 4 hour job without difficulty it a 1 or 2, but if a previous owner tried to fix it it might be a 20 if a manifold stud or bolt is broken off in the head and it could turn into a 30 or 40 if the head has to be removed to effect a proper repair - good luck

#11 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I kind of followed the same pattern when I tried to fix my ATVs exhaust last week, but didn't seem to work out well. I'm not really sure what went wrong. I'm much better I think when it comes to repairing furniture and anything that has to do with woodwork is my real flair. I've done so much work for lots of my friends for free that they decided buy me the as a birthday gift. Now I have to apply what I'm learning here to fix my exhaust too, as I was never really good with cars let alone.

#12 ·
Hey guys. I kind of followed the same pattern when I tried to fix my ATVs exhaust last week, but didn't seem to work out well. I'm not really sure what went wrong.

Well you know what they say knowings half the battle!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.