Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like Polaris really hit this one out of the park by putting that 570 in atv chassis. Now it will be interesting how they choose to expand this motor in the lineup for 2015 and beyond. First I for sure see an XP 570 coming, that just seems like a given. In an XP the 570 would be plain just bad azz, the perfect atv for a ton of people. Another possibility is a 570 Scrambler, to compete with the Renegade 500. If Polaris does this I would love to see them put some effort into dropping some weight on the chassis. I love the 850 Scrammy, but I was disappointed by the weight of it. So what do you guys think, the 570 going to expand in the Polaris line up? Will we see a new Prostar motor like an 800, 900?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would also like to see a smaller bore scrambler.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well it seems like Polaris really hit this one out of the park by putting that 570 in atv chassis. Now it will be interesting how they choose to expand this motor in the lineup for 2015 and beyond. First I for sure see an XP 570 coming, that just seems like a given. In an XP the 570 would be plain just bad azz, the perfect atv for a ton of people. Another possibility is a 570 Scrambler, to compete with the Renegade 500. If Polaris does this I would love to see them put some effort into dropping some weight on the chassis. I love the 850 Scrammy, but I was disappointed by the weight of it. So what do you guys think, the 570 going to expand in the Polaris line up? Will we see a new Prostar motor like an 800, 900?
The Renegade 500 is a dressed down outlander and it is as heavy as one so why are you deceved by the scrambler? They are 4x4 sports you have to expect more weight. IMO.

The 570xp is a great idea since that 550 engine is Noisy as hell.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The new 570 motor IS great. The power is more than enough even for someone who comes from high powered stuff. The sound is actually decent, especially compared to a 500. They already have it in the midsize ranger, rzr, sportsman, why not a new scrambler?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I don't think you will see the 570 in the XP, i think a slightly larger version would be better.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This is a brain buster.. if they put the 570 in the xp chassis, than whats left for the value line?.. The 500 to 600cc arena is the sweet spot of the atv market.. Unless they introduce yet another new motor in that 500 to 600cc range I can't see there just being a 400 and 800 option in the value line.. The xp costs to much and would price their core buyers out of the market.. Especially if the xp gets a face lift which is likely coming soon.. Being able to buy a strong atv for $6500'ish (usd) is where the dollars are but they need to sell big volume so they gotta be real carful with MSRP..
However, if they plan to keep two motors in the xp line up, than I suppose the 570 might be a logical step.. If they don't come out with an all new big bore motor to replace the 850xp. I maintain that they can push the current 850 motor to 900+cc's any time they choose and thats probably coming as well.. But I think the 570 is going to be so popular in the value line that they'll stick with it there.. So maybe there is a 600+cc motor coming for the little brother xp and the 800 value line goes away?.. Makes you cross eyed trying to predict what these guys might do..

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hard to know. The 570 will probably replace the 800 value. Xp line we won't know until they do a much needed face lift. And as far as going bigger than 850? Idk. They probably will but who really needs more power than the 850 in a quad. The scrambler is dangerously powerful. Can you imagine the new 1000 in a quad!? It would be terrifying. But that hasn't stopped can am from selling 1000cc quads.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't think you will see the 570 in the XP, i think a slightly larger version would be better.
I agree with Wil, I still pull for a 650 twin xp. Also is the 570 motor that much better than the 550? I am not talking about frame or suspension only motor v motor. One last thing I think that in order to make a lighter machine you will see costs go up due to a use of better materials, as the power v strength of the frame or just adding the next sized wheels and tires has the frame and suspension failing at a more than acceptable rate now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would love to hear some news that a 570 Scrammy is in the works to be released. I really like the 850, but its just too much bike, or better yet more than I'll ever need or use. I am really contemplating purchasing a 570 Sportsman or a 500 Renegade next spring, but part of me is holding out hope that they'll introduce a 570 Scrambler.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
they wont get rid of the big bore in the value line. I also don't see the 570 going into the XP. I can see them moving the 850 to the value line putting a 900cc or 1000cc in the XP and upping the 550 to a 650cc or 700cc range. I can see the 570 going into the Scramble.

All of this without much attention to the frames and weights.

I also don't see them doing this all at once. They are fans of baby steps. introduce one change, then the next year another, than the next year another. but I could be completely wrong. They could blow the lid off the market by switching everything around all in one year and sending the competition back to their caves whimpering.

·
Registered
308 Posts
they wont get rid of the big bore in the value line. I also don't see the 570 going into the XP. I can see them moving the 850 to the value line putting a 900cc or 1000cc in the XP and upping the 550 to a 650cc or 700cc range. I can see the 570 going into the Scramble.

I also don't see them doing this all at once. They are fans of baby steps. introduce one change, then the next year another, than the next year another. but I could be completely wrong. They could blow the lid off the market by switching everything around all in one year and sending the competition back to their caves whimpering.
I agree Thor, But as with everything Baby Steps keep people buying their product! Can't have this one giant leap for mankind crazy talk catching on

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

I agree Thor, But as with everything Baby Steps keep people buying their product! Can't have this one giant leap for mankind crazy talk catching on
I don't think they would do that, but you never know. It's like Yahama getting rid of the Rhino all together. It could happen.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Theres another company that needs a facelift! If yamaha made a nice v twin, man the grizzly would be a monster!

I could see a 570 scrambler, but who knows. Polaris seems to really be thinking outside the box. I would have never guessed the removal of the 500. Maybe Polaris will finally have it with warranty claims and ONLY make sxs's LOL. Wouldn't that be a surprise?!

I don't think the 570 would go into the XP line up. Or they would have introduced it into the XP line up to begin with and sell it for more money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would like to see the 570 or better yet a new ProStar 700cc in the Big Boss 6x6. It is the neglected ATV of the Polaris line up. They need to hurry as I'm not getting any younger!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Renegade 500 is a dressed down outlander and it is as heavy as one so why are you deceved by the scrambler? They are 4x4 sports you have to expect more weight. IMO.

Because a bike like the Kingquad 750 weighs less than a 570 Polaris. A 570 shouldn't weigh more than a bigger bore imo.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I would rather have a bike like the Classic sportsman's with the monster frame, than a higher cc'd bike with a lighter frame.

Utility quads should not be built like a light Sport quads.

Because a bike like the Kingquad 750 weighs less than a 570 Polaris. A 570 shouldn't weigh more than a bigger bore imo.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I would rather have a bike like the Classic sportsman's with the monster frame, than a higher cc'd bike with a lighter frame.

Utility quads should not be built like a light Sport quads.
Totally agree. Look what happened when can am shaved weight off of the frame.

My friends KQ 750 has had the frame welded in 3 places with under 1500 miles.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
570 Big Boss "Sportsman 6x6?" would be nice :D

I would also think a sub 570 engine maybe a new 425 "half a 900 "875cc" is 435" wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the 400 engine in the budget sportsman and Ranger.

one thing I wonder about more then then ATVs is the RZR. I kinda feel they've designed themselves into a Corner with that new 1000XP, what else is there left for RZR to do now that it's hit the legal CC barrier, and has 18" suspension travel? short of redesigning the older models what else is there to do?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts