Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Express 400 with only 1,300 miles on it. Lately an odd sound/vibration feel takes place - usually at higher RPMs while going up hill. Nothing appears loose. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it. Sorry I cannot offer any more information, but does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Can you place a ruff location from you while riding.... left/right side, front/rear end, near foot, ect??? Some of the more common vibrations seem to be exhaust related :dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it seems like its underneath in the middle engine area... maybe between the foot rest area. Im sorry I'm being vague, but its difficult to put a finger on it. I first noticed it about a month ago. Wasn't sure what it was, noticed the 2 cycle oil was low, filled that up and took it for a ride and it magically disapeared. We haven't noticed it in a couple of weeks. Then just the other day it started again. Decided to add oil but this time it didn't go away. Just seems odd.... this is our first 2 cycle polaris 4 wheeler... only had 500 miles on it when we bought it last fall. The gentleman that we bought it from hardly ever road it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts