Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Getting ready to buy a 850 XP EPS and was wondering what do you think about purchasing the extended warranty ?

Thanks,

BTH

·
Registered
162 Posts
I too had this internal debate about the extended warranty. I didn't immediately purchase and found this forum and started to do some research. I ended up purchasing a 5 year warranty within the first month of ownership. Why? Well, I believe that an issue with the EPS or the EFI will probably make the warranty worthwhile. I can see a thousand dollars happening fast. I will probably put a couple thousand miles on my machine per year. So, I figured I'd go for it. I don't anticipate using it but will if I need to. I didn't like spending the money, but I also sleep better knowing it's there. It's a personal choice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don't have to buy the extended warranty at the time you buy the ATV you just need to buy it before the first 6 months runs out. I have till March to buy one on mine that I purchase in October. I have priced them and it seems the best deal is an additional 6 months can be bought for around $125.00. After that they get very expensive. My main concern is the price of that power steering motor is around $1000.00 one of them suckers would buy 5 years of extended warranty. If your new atv doesnt have power steering I think it would be less of an issue. I think I will buy and extra 6 months giving me 1 year total.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like the comfort of an extended warranty, the key is to work out a deal you feel comfortable with. We put 5 year $/50 deductible warranties on ours, if you would average out the cost for $160 a year I think it's money well spent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discount pricing

I found a dealer through the Rzr Forums that offers better pricing than my local dealer. I called them up and gave them my vin and they added the 5 year warranty on my 550XP right away. I saved almost $200 bucks!

Here is their pricing breakdown for the Polaris branded warranty on a 550xp:
12 month $465.00
24 month $520.00
36 month $635.00
48 month $725.00
60 month $820.00

Contact Alabama Yamaha Suzuki Polaris Spyder Can Am Sea Doo Motorcycle, Atv, Ranger, Rhino Watercraft Dealer on Mississippi State Line, Sales, Service, Parts. New and Pre-owned, OEM, Aftermarket Parts Accessories - Motorsports Superstore, 1-888-880-2277

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the input. I am leaning to getting one does anyone have a copy of the extended warranty that I could read it to see what is covered.

Thanks again,

BTH

·
Registered
309 Posts
on the 850's if your spending 10000 what another 1000 for better sleep and the worries are gone other than having to fo without your atv for a week(worst part), god i hate that. never had many patience.. i guess it would be worth it.. I would rather spend the extra 150 for a polaris extended warranty, just for the case that another company might try and cut corners, polaris will have polaris parts....

·
Registered
80 Posts
We are hearing from alot of pro but not any cons to the warranty. Has anyone got any stories of how much money that it would or have saved them ? I have bought these in the past and it has never paid off for me. Never on polaris but on Can Am and Honda and never a claim. So let's hear from the folks who saved a buck on these warranties. It's true about the piece of mind but as I look back on my other warranties they didn't add up to any savings only added cost.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I didnt get the extended warranty, so far so good. only time will tell if I made a mistake. It will be a year old the end of April. I just hit 50 hours but I did have the 3 month down time in the spring.
I am about to take it in for the oil in the air box. dealer said that they might cover it. I am in no rush to get it in as the parts are back ordered, and I cant go riding until I get off of call...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased a Zurich five year extended warranty for $710.00,zero deductible last week. Had a choice between Polaristar five year for $750.00, $50.00 deductible. Contacted my local dealer service dept. to see if they accepted Zurich. And was told they also sell it too. He said Zurich paid very well and pays for torn boots which Polaristar would not cover. I decided to purchase an extended warranty for peace of mind. There are parts on this atv that are quite expensive. ex. power steering, electronics, speedometer Any of these items fail and I would recover cost of warranty. Price quoted are for a 2011 550XP WEPS

·
Registered
80 Posts
Zurich Warrenty

Thats a very good price I got the same for $770.00 2011 850 Touring. The polaris Dealer much preferred over the Polaristar Warrenty. He said that they pay him much better than does Polaris

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was a crazy ass price I paid for the 5 year extended warranty some thing like 1800 took my bike in two weeks ago for repairs to the front end bill came up to 1576 bucks i paid 56 dollars for my deductible . I still have 4 years to go on it so I'm sure I'll save money in the long run...Not saying it breaks alot but parts and labour aren't cheap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The XP's do break a lot but it was a all new design and it takes a few years to work all the bugs and design flaws out just like with cars or anything else. We all knew this going in. Even if you never have to use the warranty there is still the peice of mind. Hindsight is always 20/20. I broke 2 pins off on my ECU putting dielectric grease in it and got a new one under warranty. It broke not because I was abusing it, it just happened but it saved me a butt load of money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the ext warranty on my grizzly and have never used it so far after 6,300 miles. Still 2 years left. Also have it for the XP, pretty sure it was the the right move since its been in the shop after every time I take it out riding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts