Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
a company called aftercare... I did it, worth the piece of mind...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
my quad is the 2012 Polaris 850XP HO, from what I hear the Polaris warranty is crap and has a deductible, my warranty has no deductible on it...

·
Registered
838 Posts
You guys gotta remember that the warranty prices are different among different models..one guy quoted like 550$ for 5 years on a 400 ho..same warranty on a 850xp is a lot more since it has a lot more mechanical and electrical parts on the bike..my rzr ext warranty was 500 just for 2 years

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
How much did you pay lolly grabber? And what kind of quad?
$700 for a 5 year warranty on my 2012 850 xp eps and the warranty is through aftercare..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice is that only a CA company? Ever hear of anyone using it? I didn't get one yet. But he offered me one called failsafe on my 2010 which was leftover for $700. He mentioned he hated Polaris warranties lol

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I am in MN so they must be nationwide, I have heard of a couple people on here questioning whether or not to get it from them. yeah, I hear the Polaris warranty has a deductible after the 6 month one is gone...

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you check close you will find that the day you buy a warranty is the day it starts.Or that is when Polaris star starts. I got a five year for $800.00 when i got my 2010 550xp.
They will not cover a boot as that is a ware item,.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The rule of thumb is extended warrenties are a waste of money except for the company selling them. However, if the warranty coverage is good (not sure what they offer and what the fine print says) and your not mechanically inclined then there may be a benefit if you have to take your ATV to the dealer for any type of repair. Just remember, nothing will be covered that you damage and nothing that is a wear item will be covered. Only manufacturer defects and that can be a hard case to prove with an ATV, especially if you ride one like it's supposed to be. So if you are a leisure driver you probably won't break anything and if your a serious hard core driver they won't cover the damage as they will blame it on you. In the end, the math and $$$$ is in their favor, not yours.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts