Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for longer than stock Wheel Studs.I dont need wheel spacers. I have big tires , just wanting longer studs. Where do i get them ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
super atv has some

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Help

My front tires are rubbing the rod ends. I replaced ball joints,a arm bushings and new rod ends.
Question is : should I get wheel spacers? Only need about 1/4" to 1/2" to clear front tires ( between rod ends and tire). Does anyone make 1/2" thick wheel spacers.? Thoughts?

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can get longer studs from the dealer, Polaris uses longer studs when using aluminum wheels in place of the steel wheel. Look on polaris website to parts list and they should list longer ones for the aluminum wheel.

You doing the washer method?

I would personally suggest wheel spacers over the washers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get longer studs from the dealer, Polaris uses longer studs when using aluminum wheels in place of the steel wheel. Look on polaris website to parts list and they should list longer ones for the aluminum wheel.

You doing the washer method?

I would personally suggest wheel spacers over the washers
Yes I was going use washers. But I would rather get spacers if someone made thinner ones. I really don't want to make the front wider

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did 1.5" bolt on spacers on my Sportsman 800 for the same reason you originally posted.

I just search ebay for "polaris wheel spacers" and the smallest I was seeing was 1" bolt on spacers. They had stud extenders listed but I didn't see anything matching the width you were looking to do.

You might be fine with the longer studs and a couple washers. I went the bolt on spacer way because I wanted as much contact wit the wheels to the hub as possible. You will possibly see the washers wearing at the hub and at the wheel where the washer contact and you will most likely lose the torque on the lug nuts with that wear.

I'm not pushing you to go with spacers, just giving my opinion on what I think is the safer route, my tires do stick out a bit but in the long run I would rather be a little more muddy and safer and not have to worry about replacing hubs and wheels, plus its not something I am worried about while wheeling way back out in the woods.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can also flip the TRE.
Mount in under the perch instead of above it.
Takes 10 min to do then just adjust the alignment.
Gives you plenty of room for tires.
there is a thread here somewhere that's has pics and everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts