Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On LR6rally's 850 touring he has in pictures two of the small what look like lock and ride gas or water cans. My 550 has the same box on the front and I can't figure out how he has them attached. Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Rotopax.com you will find everything you need , mounts, different size cans, nozzles ...etc .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep been there. Only problem is that unless I am missing something all the rotopax either use lock and ride or a mounting kit that would involve drilling a hole in what is at least now a semi dry storage box on the front. Let me know if i missed something on rotopax's page

·
Registered
335 Posts
That is true. I have 2 3 gallon tanks mounted on my front box. I have rode in pouring rain and washed it many times. No water has gotten in that I can see.

·
Registered
729 Posts
As much as we don't like to drill and make holes , something has to hold things on.
I used the rotopax mounts on top of the front storage lid/rack and applied a layer of clear silicone under the surface of the mount and around the bolts and just wiped of the excess that squeezes out. No leaks , holds well and looks good. Go For It !!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I PM'd ya back finally bud lol, sorry wasn't around this weekend. i did have to drill holes in the lid of the Box. I just drilled the holes, and then siliconed around the bolts, you'll never seen any of it once its mounted, just dont gob it on there too much. I figure if you tighten it down good, it wont move around too much and break that seal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep been there. Only problem is that unless I am missing something all the rotopax either use lock and ride or a mounting kit that would involve drilling a hole in what is at least now a semi dry storage box on the front. Let me know if i missed something on rotopax's page
I had a kolpin 4 gallon can on my machine. I took the flat mounting plates and welded them to the lock and ride rail on the front rack. I never used and never plan to use the rack so it wasn't a big deal. Plus I could cut off if needed in the future. I now have a rotopax pack but haven't gotten around to changing it yet. Worked great and didn't block the headlight when high beam was on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts