Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four of these for sale. They are in decent shape. I've buffed off the clearcoat to give them a brushed finish on the aluminum and painted the rough inner portions of the wheel satin black. There are a few small dings, but they are not bad looking rims. If I had decided to keep them they would be really sharp with some more TLC.

There are no cracks or any functional defects of any kind. The only reason I am getting rid of them is I had to change out the rims to run larger tires. I have the stock tires still on the wheels, but I doubt anybody would want them. I am willing to take the tires off so you would only have to pay for shipping the wheels.

Asking price is $100 + you pay shipping. I am really only selling them so they don't sit around going to waste. If anybody is interested I'll take some photos and send them along.

I am here in the South San Francisco Bay Area.

Doug

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pm sent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
them are nice wheels..I have them on my 02....and good price also..

Seller you should post pics of them....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes they will fit your sportsman..I have mine on a 02 sportsman 500....they are nice wheels....just I cant use the center caps because of the front hubs with the Hillard clutches in them..But i seen some with different hubs...that look like they may work...have to try to find them for myself....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interested just waiting to see some pictures and what size they are or what the size of the tires that are on them now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Photo

Here is a photo of the front rim - you can also see them on the ATV before I painted them. These are 12 x 6 and 12 x 8 stock Crusher rims from a 2007 Sportsman 500.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The wheels turned out nice. Been thinking about adding black accents like that to my wheels or get some M9 patriot wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shipping

OK guys I'll get a shipping estimate as soon as I can.

For those interested, adding the painted accents took a while but was not difficult. First, clean the wheels thoroughly. Then mask the areas to remain unpainted. I did this by taping over the surfaces and then using a razor knife to cut the tape at the edges. I used some automotive satin black, but I think they also would have looked really good had I used maybe a battleship gray. If you remember the old Torg Thrust American Racing wheels they had a similar color scheme. When I first bought the ATV the original wheels were shedding the factory clearcoat so they looked pretty rough. It was starting peel away in spots. I could not salvage the clearcoat so I opted for a satin aluminum look by buffing it away.

They are indeed nice wheels. I had to go to ITP steel wheels to fit my new Kenda Bearclaw HTR tires. Very happy with the ITP wheels as well.

Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts