Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie and ready to purchase. I have been calling around Michigan to find any 2011 550's left, no EPS needed. I've found a Pursuit Camo 550 OTD for 7300.00. Not sure I want/need the Camo (400.00 add) or the EFI. Can get a 2011 500 HO OTD for 6000.00 What's a fair price for similar machines? Or do I bite for a 2012?

·
Registered
145 Posts
when you say OTD are you including tax?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a 2011 850 non eps for right at 7 before tax.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, tax/title/orv. One dealer says he doesn't charge freight/setup fees, but is within a few bucks of one that does.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm a newbie and ready to purchase. I have been calling around Michigan to find any 2011 550's left, no EPS needed. I've found a Pursuit Camo 550 OTD for 7300.00. Not sure I want/need the Camo (400.00 add) or the EFI. Can get a 2011 500 HO OTD for 6000.00 What's a fair price for similar machines? Or do I bite for a 2012?
If you really want the 550, I would opt for the 2012. I took a test ride on a 2012. I'm not sure what Polaris did, but they did manage to refine the 550 a bit. It doesn't idle quite as high and rough, and doesn't have the drive line clunk that the 2009 (or 10 - can't remember) did that I drove. Although, maybe the 2011's were better too, but I can't verify that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I need much more than the 550. 850 would be nice, but I'm on a budget and the extra mph/hp is really not an issue for me. It's mainly for hunting and ice fishing.

I visited another dealer near home here and they didn't seem to want to waive any dealer fees such as setup and freight, etc. I'm willing to travel an hour or two for a deal, but I'm still going to need service on it eventually.

What kind of luck have people had just calling dealers and making offers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drog66, I have a feeling i know what dealer you were at with those prices and bikes! I've been looking in the same area, dealers don't deal much around the Detroit area! or Michigan.:hmmm:

·
Registered
100 Posts
So far the cheapest place if found is ritchies motorsports in Tennessee they have the 550xp no EPS for $5,999.00 no set up or freight charges and you can get it shipped to Detroit for about $300 on uship.com or another alternative is Honda East Toledo about an hour and a half drive from Detroit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far the cheapest place if found is ritchies motorsports in Tennessee they have the 550xp no EPS for $5,999.00 no set up or freight charges and you can get it shipped to Detroit for about $300 on uship.com or another alternative is Honda East Toledo about an hour and a half drive from Detroit.
Just looked at Honda East Toledo's web page
List Price: $7,699.00
Sale Price: $6,799.00
You Save: $900.00
2012 Polaris Industries Sportsman® 550

If you call them ask for Scott Johnson my brother in law just purcahsed one from him...

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can't beat that deal. got my 2011 550xp for $6400.00 OTD here in KC, MO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like I need to move out of Michigan. Not going to touch a 2011 for those kind of prices. Best I can find is $7350 OTD - Camo unit. I'm gonna roll the dice and see what November brings for incentives/financing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like I need to move out of Michigan. Not going to touch a 2011 for those kind of prices. Best I can find is $7350 OTD - Camo unit. I'm gonna roll the dice and see what November brings for incentives/financing.
Is that with the $800.00 rebate you should get on that model?(if it's a 2011?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, the 2011 550 Pursuit Camo unit - 800.00 rebate and financed with the Polaris incentives 2.99% or 5.99%. Not the Browning edition.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

that's a good deal compared to Canada...I payed $9600 otd with a 3500 lbs syn winch and front/rear deluxe bush guards.....and I was HAPPY...that was a good price where I live...spring clearance event I saved $2400 off MSRP price...

its weird how the camo upgrade is $400 where you are in the states and its $400 here in Canada...but the machine it self is thousands of dollars cheaper there and American's get there extended warranty for next to nothing...a 4 1/2 extended warranty here was almost 1600$ or $1700..

So camo cost the same no matter what side of the boarder but we as Canadians get absolutely hosed when it comes to the machine/warranty/aftermarket products.I find that weird how the camo holds its price

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Skizmo - that SUCKS!! The extended warranty was another $700 for 54 months. I was going to pass on it, because I just found out I have to drop around 10K on braces for my 2 kids! So now I'm really shopping for a bargain!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Skizmo - that SUCKS!! The extended warranty was another $700 for 54 months. I was going to pass on it, because I just found out I have to drop around 10K on braces for my 2 kids! So now I'm really shopping for a bargain!
$700 WoW....what a difference....better start working some over time for that 10k..LOL...that 1 would be hard to eat..

the kicker fro me to ...it was a one time payment...come on,who has $1600 sitting around...my mechanic told me I should get around 5 years b4 any serious problems(with in reason)..proper maintenance and not beating the crap out of it....I will be trading in at 3 years anyway so I am not to concerned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts