Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need to know if anyone of you knows what can cause the fan to run and stop after a few second.. This is causing the bike to overheat. Comments are more than welcome, thank you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you took off the heat sensor and turn on the key it should start the fan.

If the fan work for a long time...it should be the temp sensor damage!
if not...try to connect directly to a battery, and see how much time the fan stays on!
if the fan stops...provably in where the problem is!

best of lucks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had that problem and decided to bypas the sensor and install a on off switch for the fan. It works great for the application of riding I do which is heavy thick mud .

·
Registered
14 Posts
bypass coolent switch

how do you bypass it with a toggle switch please explain i tried didnt have much luck besides sparks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Make sure your battery is disconnected. The switch has to prongs one prong will be connected to one of the wires from the fan and the other prong will have a wire running to the positive side of the battery. Make sure you have a good ground to the frame .

·
Registered
14 Posts
bypass coolent switch

its a 96 sportsman 500 i got your thread but i was wondering the two wires which colors are they and does one of them run up to the panel under headlight and the other one runs to the fan switch am i correct one brown one red with white stripe

·
Registered
14 Posts
bypass coolent switch

and another thing i used a battery from a car and set it on front rack when i ran jumper wires from it to the wires that plug on coolent switch it worked but when i tried to run one from quad battery to them nothing happened beside melting jumper wires

·
Registered
66 Posts
The two wires that come out of the fan is what to use the colors don't Mater just make sure you ground of of those right to the frame very important . If my wheeler wasn't under 4 foot a snow I would take pics and show you. I ran all last summer with that switch. And to be honest I think it's great!! Take in consideration I am big time into riding in the mud so keeping that motor cool is priority number one .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts