Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 sportsman500 and I needto replace the fan motor. I bought one from an atv dealer but its been on back order for about 4 weeks now. I cant find one anywhere does anybody know where I can get one? It thought about buying a small aftermarket electric fan for a car but I worried that it might pull to many amps or burn something up. Any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Try dbelectricial.com or look on the fan shroud it will have a name of a company that makes the fan for Polaris if it is out of Alabama you can buy it directly from them. A fan for a car will work but they are not waterproof enough and don't last long. I have purchased several starters from dbelectrical and had good service. Never bought a fan motor from them thou.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried dbelectric and they couldn't get one either. Seems like someone somewhere would have one.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I tried dbelectric and they couldn't get one either. Seems like someone somewhere would have one.
Ebay brother...just checked...search Polaris atv cooling fans on ebay...I just bought a thermo cooling fan switch for half the price...Muddie49:cowboy:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Spal.com, I'm pretty sure their the manufacturer of Pol. cooling fans, on my 05 sportsman it takes an 11 inch, curved blade, click on Hi-performance fans, their only $75 compared to $200+ from polaris. The parts no. are different but they give you all the spec's and you can match them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts