Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 sportsman 500ho... Need ur help! What shud I do.. I did tried bypass fan test and fan does work .. Fuse? Is it inside the bag? Thanks

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
If you're talking about, you bypassed the temp. sensor in the radiator and the fan worked, then the sensor is faulty.
If you've hot wired the fan from the battery, you've only proven that the fan works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just went through this.

If you're talking about, you bypassed the temp. sensor in the radiator and the fan worked, then the sensor is faulty.
If you've hot wired the fan from the battery, you've only proven that the fan works.
What he said, if you jump the temp sensor off the rad and the fan does not fire up, then you most likely have a bad fuse. Check my thread HERE

Fuse in question is under the seat (at least on my '09) and to the upper right of the clutch housing beside the airbox, taped into a mess of wires. Take the fuse out and do a continuity test on it with a multimeter.....if no continuity, get a new one from a parts store.

·
Registered
213 Posts
02 sportsman 500ho... Need ur help! What shud I do.. I did tried bypass fan test and fan does work .. Fuse? Is it inside the bag? Thanks
Welcome back Bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just went through this.

What he said, if you jump the temp sensor off the rad and the fan does not fire up, then you most likely have a bad fuse. Check my thread HERE

Fuse in question is under the seat (at least on my '09) and to the upper right of the clutch housing beside the airbox, taped into a mess of wires. Take the fuse out and do a continuity test on it with a multimeter.....if no continuity, get a new one from a parts store.
Ok thanks I'll look to it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks I'll ck it out

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just went through this.

Ok thanks I'll look to it
One more thing what or which sensor? What does it look like? Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sensor is in the left side of the radiator. Should be a plug connector on it. Undo the connector and use a piece of wire to jump the lead that goes back up into the machine...... Not the one that goes back into the radiator.

If the fan fires up then your sensor is bad. If the fan does not goo then the fuse is most likely blown or an off chance that the relay is pooched.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok much appreciated it.. I was looking at the right side and cut the pooch bag to check the part inside the bag.. Which it shud b on left I'll look at it thank u

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! Thanks for the pics!! More clear to understand this!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I gotcha !! It was exact part that I looked for on eBay .. Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts