Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need some help. My 2010 sportsman 500HO fan wont come on. The fan works when I hook it direct to the battery. So far ive replaced the 10 amp breaker it looked pretty rough there was a hole in it and water dripped out. I also tried unplugging the heat sensor nothing. What should I try next?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Is the hot symbol appearing on the dash? Is it overheating?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup light comes on after about half an hour especially when I drive slowly. hasn't had a chance to boil over I shut it right off to cool. the fan usually comes on around 15 minutes of driving slow.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Heat sensor/temp switch shot? Try a new one. Not a complicated system only a couple of components to fail.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
On the older 500's , the fan switch was located on the right hand side of the radiator.
To bypass it, you unhooked the coupler, used a jumper wire across the two wires and with the key on, the fan run.
On the newer ones, not so sure where it is.
Best to know what part to replace before you start throwing money at it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys guys. A friend had told me that if I unhook ther sensor on the engine side the fan and heat light should automatically be trigger to come on. Tried and it wouldn't . Guess the fan won't run if the rad sensor or the engine sensor crap out? Hate to start buying expensive sensors if I don't have to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In plug the fan and run a hot and ground straight to the battery and if it comes on then the temp switch is bad, or like the other person said hook the two wire at the sensor (switch) togather and turn the key on and the fan should work, had to do that on my 08. 700efi XP, my sensor broken. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts