Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a sportsman 500efi from 2008, sometimes fan doesnt work and motor starts to overheat. It's strange because it's somehow connected with rearlights, when they don't work then the fan don't work either. Any guess where's the problem with it? Thanks!

-New forum member from Finland.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
When you say rear lights, do you mean tail lights that are always on or brake lights when brakes activated?

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
I would start with your fuses and make sure they are making good contact. Both the blade of the fuse and the contacts in the fuse block. Also while you are there do the same with the relays. One is for your fan the other is the EFI.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram for your machine, the only common element for the fan and tail lights is the Red/White wire splice points (#1 and #2).

Mark

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Yep - what bp405 and mvn said - check the connections on the fuses, relays and splice points - it's obviously losing power due to a supply wire or a ground wire - usually ends up being a bad ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would start with your fuses and make sure they are making good contact. Both the blade of the fuse and the contacts in the fuse block. Also while you are there do the same with the relays. One is for your fan the other is the EFI.
There's no fuseblock or fuses and I can't find relays :/. Place where the fuseblock should be is empty, someone said that this model has wirefuses (?), yes maybe but can't still find the relays. Are they inside the ecu(?) unit under the main light or what...This hole wire situation is pretty tricky in this model. If I read 500 ho efi manual it says that there is normal block with fuses but in manual for "500-800cc" is stated that 500 models has wirefuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts