·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ford for life

·
Registered
484 Posts
make a poll man!!
lol jk do what you want but thats what id do i go chevy all the time between me and my dad we got ten all run great!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Grew up in a ford household...but, I have to say, I have been driving a 20+ year old chevy across the country for the past two years, towing a trailer, and it has been impressively dependable.

From younger age experience, I don't think I would ever own a gas engine dodge, but I would get a dodge if I wanted diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know how to make a poll. but i am a tried and true FORD guy my 04 ranger takes a licking and keeps on tickin. need to upgrade now truck is not big enough to do what i want.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ford all the way

2001 Ford F350 superduty dually 7.3 Powerstroke.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've owned Chevy Dodge and Ford, even a Toyota. ALL TRUCKS. I worked all of them and worked on all of them. All had pros and cons. I drive a 99 F150 now. Paid 2K for it dropped another 3k into it. Its as close to perfect i could ever ask a truck to be. 4.2 5 speed. Sharp looking and has gobs of power. She aint new but all her parts are! I believe "lemons" show up in every make and model. Forget brand...you either get a good one or you dont.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I work at a Ford Dealer ship as a Tech and drive Mopar. I got a 99 Ram with 220k and a 05 Wrangler, dont get me wrong I have 79 F100 and 2 Foxbody 5.0 mustangs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
im the only "other" toyota all the way from my 77 beater pickup with300,000 to an 09 tundra. love um

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i do own a early 90's Toyota SR5 pickup but it has some extensive body damage since i rolled it 5 times i can not give my opinion on that truck since i only drove it a half an hour before i rolled it i was on my way to get the title changed to my name

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
04 GMC SLT 1500 Crew Cab 4wd

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've unfortunately had a really poor track record with General Motors and I can't seem to make myself give them another try. I've had 3 brand new GM products leave me on the side of the road in the last 20 years due to electronic or computer problems that the dealership was either unable or unwilling to diagnose and correct. It's probably not the best way to ensure brand loyalty. I'm pretty much a Ford man even though I currently drive a 2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Long Bed. It was (and I think still is) the only half ton 4-door pickup with a long enough cargo box to accommodate the longer wheelbase Sportsman models such as my X2 and Touring while still allowing me to close and lock the tailgate. I really couldn't be happier with it...tons of power, quiet and smooth...I do wish it got better fuel economy though.

Brad

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've always been a Dodge guy growing up, yet my family has always owned Ford Econoline Vans when it came to buying a work vehicle. My dad always had at least 1000lbs of equipment in his 95 ford van until he sold it in 2008 with almost 300,000 kms on it. Thats 90% city driving too. That ford never once left us on the side of the road. Dad sold that van to my uncle and he's still driving it. He now owns a 2007 Chevy van and he's on his third transmission. go figure. But Dad says he likes the chevy..... My Mrs and I now have a 2007 Toyota 4Runner and a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ. We have no complaints about either vehicle. If some of the guys where I'm from knew I owned a Chevy now, they would never let me hear the end of it. Funny how a guy can make fun of other brands of vehicles there buddies own and then end up buying one and loving it himself .... lol ... Good times

Nice Thread

2009 Sportsman XP 550
3500lb Polaris winch
Extreme brush guards
PIAA lights
EPI chutch kit
Polaris Front storage box
Highlifter HD springs
Warn ProVantage plow
Hand And thumb warmers
Hand guards

·
Registered
49 Posts
My daily driver is a 2008 GMC Sierra and I love it. Very nice ride and enough power from the 5.3 Vortec. I have always been a chevy man but I did recently finish building my Toyota Landcruiser, even though the only thing Toyota is the body. It's got 2 1/2 ton axles and 44 inch boggers with all Chevy drivetrain. I love beating the hell out of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Always had Ford Pickup's Currently 2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4
wouldn't really much consider any other brand but 2nd choice would be Likely Dodge with Chevy/GMC a distant 3rd Other Brands don't even count! NEVER Toyota EVER

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't drive anything but older Toyota's for a mini truck (up to 04). I currently drive an 01 Taco and the wife drives a 96 Runner.

We're looking to get a full size for the family next year though and can't make up my mind. I really want a previous body style super duty with a Cummins engine and an Allison transmission. Anyone know where I can get one at? LOL.

1 - 20 of 697 Posts