Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are other threads on here about favourite things id like to start one about:

What is everyones favourite hockey team and why.

Ill start i live in Ottawa all my life but ive been a fan of Montreal before Ottawa came back so there my number 1 team but i cheer for all Canadian teams when they play others.

So: Montreal Canadians :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ I guess we will never get along ;)

Boston Bruins

Just grew up watching them, mom was a huge fan. I have a Ray Bourque Signed 20th anniversary shirt, along with a few other things. They've always been my team, just lately have been much better. They werent so good when i was a kid!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If we are talking hockey, it was the Detroit Red Wings I was a huge fan in the 90's. As of late they have rather soured on me, not because of their record, but their style of play. Favorite team overall in any sport.......the 2014 Rose Bowl and Big Ten champ Michigan State Spartans football team!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I not a huge sports fan.... but when I do watch, I usually have to cheer for my home state/town teams. I know it's not just hockey, but there are other sports then hockey, so I listed some of the teams I root for all round :D ....

Pro's Teams: Minnesota Wild, Twins, Wolves, and Vikings.

College Teams: Golden Gophers and Spartans.

High School: Otters

Why? "Home Town/State Loyalty"! Nothing ever gets or becomes better if you don't support it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone heard of the Ft. Wayne Komets?

The only hockey I've ever seen has been in Fort Wayne watching the Komets. It's good to go there, it sucks to watch hockey on television.
Myself I'm a big race fan. If its loud and goes fast I'm in!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Im from the south so no hockey for me but I do love sports. NFL = Denver broncos, College football = SC Gamecocks, College basketball = Duke bluedevils, Nascar = Jeff Gordon, and best of all I pull for the Atlanta Braves. I live in Greenville SC and our minor league baseball team was the Greenville braves. I watched all of the stars like Glavin, Gant, Justin, Smoltz's and Lemke, just to name a few as a kid growing up every night in the summer. We never missed a home game for almost four years. . Not hockey but you know what I mean. Bout time we got a sports thread happening!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

The only hockey I've ever seen has been in Fort Wayne watching the Komets. It's good to go there, it sucks to watch hockey on television.
I know the Komets very well, used to be a season ticket holder for the Flint Generals and watched many Komets games. The last pro game in Flint was vs the Komets.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I know the Komets very well, used to be a season ticket holder for the Flint Generals and watched many Komets games. The last pro game in Flint was vs the Komets.
HA! That's awesome. I'm sure some of the games I went to was with Flint. I used to go to a few games each year but haven't been to a game the last 4 or 5 years. The wife and I always say we are going to go to more but then we don't for some reason.
I figured when I asked that nobody would respond to it so its awesome you did. The Komets have been around forever and the people of Ft Wayne really support them well.
Maybe it's time to go to another game yet this year.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

HA! That's awesome. I'm sure some of the games I went to was with Flint. I used to go to a few games each year but haven't been to a game the last 4 or 5 years. The wife and I always say we are going to go to more but then we don't for some reason.
I figured when I asked that nobody would respond to it so its awesome you did. The Komets have been around forever and the people of Ft Wayne really support them well.
Maybe it's time to go to another game yet this year.
Yup, made a few trips down to the War Memorial. Was always fun and a nice place. Enjoy your hockey, because you don't know how much you miss it till it's gone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pittsburg Penguins.

We live in a town near where their AHL affiliate plays (WBS Penguins). We have seen and met many of their stars at the local rink (including Fleury and Dan Bylsma) before they were stars.

Once had dinner (accidently) with the parents of a former Penguin player. :shocked1:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hockey Maple Leafs ya ya I know so save your words ha! well ever since I can remember the only channel we got as a kid was CBC hockey night in Canada (peter puck) lol it was either Habs or LEAFS. So I became a BeLEAFer

·
Registered
676 Posts
Pittsburg Penguins.

We live in a town near where their AHL affiliate plays (WBS Penguins). We have seen and met many of their stars at the local rink (including Fleury and Dan Bylsma) before they were stars.

Once had dinner (accidently) with the parents of a former Penguin player. :shocked1:
Well you must know a friend of mine then jesse boulerice ha!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
In Ottawa, i like Fanny's oh ya thats a strip joint we used to go to when we raced up there

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In Ottawa, i like Fanny's oh ya thats a strip joint we used to go to when we raced up there
I dont think fannys is around anymore. Lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Favourite hockey team.........Toronto Maple Leafs (hometown support)

Favourite football club.........Newcastle United

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
New Orleans Saint's
LSU Tiger's
New Orleans Pelicans

1 - 20 of 23 Posts