Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Wow, had a great ride today but ended up covered in mud! These big bores really churn it up, anyone know where to get fender extenders? Thanks,
Do you have a royal distributing out there? If not, go to their site, order them up. They are the same ones Thor sells, made up here. Top notch stuff.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, had a great ride today but ended up covered in mud! These big bores really churn it up, anyone know where to get fender extenders? Thanks,
Do you have a royal distributing out there? If not, go to their site, order them up. They are the same ones Thor sells, made up here. Top notch stuff.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Thanks for the lead Will but they do not seem to list them for Scrambler,unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Thanks for the lead Will but they do not seem to list them for Scrambler,unless I'm missing something.
Call them tomorrow, maybe the site needs an update?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I also like the mines from Thor better the. The popo stuff.

Drop a dime on Thor he will get a set out to you pronto!

Thor is good people!

CW

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info,I am looking for pics of these on as I am concerned about ruining the look of the bike. Also wondering how well the fasteners work, the other option I guess would be to install only on the rear as another member did here, I believe he made his own from mudflats or something.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Thanks for the info,I am looking for pics of these on as I am concerned about ruining the look of the bike. Also wondering how well the fasteners work, the other option I guess would be to install only on the rear as another member did here, I believe he made his own from mudflats or something.

Don't go nuts. Thors web link and phone number are in my sig line. Call the man visit his site. He is salt of the earth has pics and excellent service.

CW

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are several other threads on here about the fenders, including pics. I found them on Ebay..... Installed easy with a solder pen to make the holes. Hardware is great, with good locking nuts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are several other threads on here about the fenders, including pics. I found them on Ebay..... Installed easy with a solder pen to make the holes. Hardware is great, with good locking nuts.
O.K. thanks, I'll do some searching on here for them. I just don't want to kill the looks of the machine. Making holes with a soldering iron makes better sense than drilling, good tip.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As stated Thor is a great guy...I bought a couple of things from him...I am not sure what he could do to help you given your location...but worth giving him a shout.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
As stated Thor is a great guy...I bought a couple of things from him...I am not sure what he could do to help you given your location...but worth giving him a shout.
The brown truck sticks it to us with their duty. If it was not for that, I'd buy from thor.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live on the border to a very little known piece of USA called Point Roberts WA, the 1300 people that live there pretty much survive on us Canadians buying cheap gas and having stuff shipped there. So I only pay tax up to about $600.00. The brown truck guys are rapists for sure, I have a ton of stuff I need so will be checking out Thor for sure.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=what+...ca&ei=24FTUoLIF7D1igKgv4GgAg&ved=0CIMBELYDMAo

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Great to hear you support a small town, the only way.

I got an email from D2 this morn.

HI, Thanks for your interest in our products.
Simply go to any atv dealership
in your area. The dealership can get the
product for you from distributors, such as , Gammasales , Kimpex

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am more than pleased with the flares i got from Thor! They are made in canada maybe he can work with you to have a set shipped direct from company to save you shipping? Maybe call and ask?

·
Registered
729 Posts
They definitely won't take away from the looks, they actually add to it and the functionality is a welcome feature.
I used the gold step type bit to drill the holes they are perfect for the job.
I ran a thin bead of silicone on the inside outer edge to keep the muck from bleeding to the outside of the flares. Helpful add on with 4+3 offset rims.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have DIRECTION 2 fender flares and have had them since they came out. They work great really stop the mud from getting all over the place, I still get a little but not as bad as I did when I didn't have them. I actually ordered another set for my wife's scrambler now to last Friday. Very easy to install and the end product doesn't look that bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts