Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the internet and cannot find any manufacture of fender flares for the Scrambler. I am ready to try some type of universal truck style fender flare at this point.

Any suggestions? Anybody add flares to their Scrambler?

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you ride a scramber your suppose to get muddy. That is why the fenders are soo tiny

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have this problem too. I found some black plastic, sheet like lexan, Im going to cut a peice and try and attach it to extend the fenders. I have not had a chance to work on this though. have had plastic laying around for 2 months.... i will let you know how it works out. Please post pics if you have tried anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fenders

grider, thanks for reply. I have not attempted anything yet. I am a little afraid to screw up my brand new fenders with an experimental mod.
Would like to see how you project comes out. let me know. good luck.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
your not going to find anything i hate to say it. ive been in polaris parts for 2.5 years and have never seen anything like this at all. not a big enough market to make it worthwile for either polaris or an aftermarket company. your going to have to go custom. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to agree with the muddy part. I ride a scrambler and trying to stop it from getting you muddy is like trying to stop Tiger from screwin around

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont mind the mud at all, its the 32 degree shower in my face as your ripping through an open field of melting snow, thats the bummer. I am going to make a cardboard template, then use 1/4" semi truck splash guards for finished product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are some pics of my '99 Scrambler 400 water cooled 4x4, these 1/4" thick splashguard are from a semi-truck. They add 5" of "in your face" protection. The shower that the front tires created is well under control. It is nice to go out riding again without having to stop and clean goggles all the time, as your friends have no idea the the amount of stuff you kick up and run right into.
You wet weather scrambler guys know what I mean

:happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04 500 sportsman the front tires would throw the mud up on the floorboards. It really got greasy and built up. I went to tractor supply and bought Replacement Baler Belting comes in different widths and by the foot prices drilled and riveted the problem seemed to be solved but mud always finds a way you guys all know that. They don't look stupid an was easy to trim and work with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those do not look half bad at all. Great Job and thanks for sharing the pics! I wondered how it would look. The fasteners you used look good as well. I think that is a key point to the install, evenly spaced fasteners make the job look professional, like any fender flair kit you see for utility machines. I need to do this on my machine, I have plastic waiting for me to get ambitious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The front extensions work so well that i also added them onto rear fenders, I only get a little spray on my feet, a whole lot drier ride now, and being rubber, highly flexible. As far as spacing, i used a set of dividers off of factory bolts, scribed fenders, measured off of outside fender, scribed again for exact hole placement, took a bolt off from factory and went to the hardware store, $20 in mudflaps and $5 in nuts, bolts and washers.
Heres the mudflap link i used

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/c...d/-8342/cn/Mud-Flaps/erm/browsecategories.jsp

item http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/c...Flap-1-4-rubber-24-x30/erm/product_detail.jsp

P

·
0 Posts
Another product that you can use is a product called Wacky Carpet or Crazy Carpet. They are those sheets of plastic that you unroll and slide down a snow hill on.
http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/toys/hello-world/
http://answers.canadiantire.ca/answers/9045/product/0825201P/questions.htm
http://video.google.ca/videosearch?...sult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBsQqwQwAw#

They are designed to be flexible and not crack in the cold.

They are cheap and easy to work with.

Color selection is limited but they do work great!

I had found them in black a couple of years ago also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I thought I would add a few photos of some fender flares that I made up yesterday for my scrambler.
I picked up a couple cheap mud flaps from the local trucker parts store and some stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers from the hardware store.
The mud flaps were $6 each for 24x30 inch. The stainless hardware was another $12. A nice sharp carpet knife made cutting very easy.

The parts store also had 24x36 flaps - perfect for rear flaps.

There are a few other photos here:
Picasa Web Albums - mpj220 - Scrambler 500

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put some fender flares on wifes Scramble. Looks just like Destoyers, go t the Baler belt from Tractor Supply. Thanks for the input. Now I am wondering will she still get any mud from rear tires? I know the front was the biggest problem...UMMM cuz all the mud was on her front...LOL But was wondering if the back needs any flares???

Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
I bought my 98 used and it had them on. Look like they came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cant find em either

I looked all over for fender flares from my scrambler 500. I do alot of tech. trail rideing right now during the winter. Getting a bit tired of the mud in the face all day. Like the ride just wish it had a low gear like the utility quads have. I did like the idea of the 1/4" semi truck fenders. Photo posted is a bit dark but seems to be good to go. Will have to give it a try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked all over for fender flares from my scrambler 500. I do alot of tech. trail rideing right now during the winter. Getting a bit tired of the mud in the face all day. Like the ride just wish it had a low gear like the utility quads have. I did like the idea of the 1/4" semi truck fenders. Photo posted is a bit dark but seems to be good to go. Will have to give it a try.
Polaris Did make factory Fender Flares. The Pics & Part #'s are below

But they only produced them for a few years.

I saw a couple of sets on Ebay the other Day. They are hard to find, but now that dealers are starting to clear out old stock or dealers going out of business and liquidating their stock. these babies are coming out into the sunlight. :)

These fit all Scramblers & Trailblazers.

Front Set

Polaris Part# 2871777

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Rear Set

Polaris Part# 2871505

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

1 - 20 of 27 Posts